See a gallery of art done with the Makelangelo
Makelangelo 2 is the most user-friendly drawing robot on the market. It is a gentle introduction to all the core concepts of 3D printers, it's also a great way to teach pythagorean theorem, programming, gocde, physics, design challenges, and more.
This DIY kit is our "challenge" model, for people who really want to know how it works. You will have to solder, glue, screw, fiddle with firmware, and probably scratch your head to put your kit together.
The Makelangelo 2 kit features:
- Bigger size: v1 could only reasonably reach 2m (72") wide. v2 can go even bigger!
- Pen up: v1 drew everything as a single giant line. v2 can do better.
- Gcode: Teach your robot to draw with the same language used in 3D printers, or use CAM software to generate it for you.
- Picture conversion: Don't have time to write your own gcode? The software will convert PNG, JPEG, or GIF for you.
- Support: We're here to help you all the way.
- Open hardware design: all our custom parts are on thingiverse.com
- Open source code: all our software is on github.com
The Makelangelo 2 kit includes:
- one unassembled robot "core" in a decorative box.
- one unassembled pen holder made from laser-cut birch.
- all the eye bolts and screws for mounting your kit to a board or wall.
- usb cable, string, and pen lifting system.
Download control app for OSX »
Download control app for Windows »
Read the assembly instructions.
Like to play with code? Join the Github project to report bugs, add features, and more.
Read more about it in the dedicated forums.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 22 January, 2013.