Makelangelo firmware has been updated to v9.1.0.
- If I run a Makelangelo 5 from the LCD panel and tell it to go home, it will often go to a position high on the left side. This was the symptom of an off-by-two problem in the EEPROM, which has been fixed.
- Added Dynamic Acceleration: accelerate more slowly at the bottom and in the corners to avoid swinging from the pen holder and get better quality drawings
- Improved LCD menu options with a toggle up/down command, a status menu, and more responsive dial behavior.
Makelangelo software has been updated to 7.21.0.
- Better DXF and SVG handling
- candy-cane coloring of line segments to show more of what’s going on in the mind of the robot
- better time estimates
- at the end of a Makelangelo 5 drawing, move the pen away from the image.
These two must be updated together. For help with updating the firmware, please see our pictoral guide.