You’re looking to use your old printer control board to DIY a Makelangelo robot but the firmware does not already support your board. No two boards have quite the same features or pin settings. Ok! Here’s how to make it work for you and everyone after you.(more…)
Makelangelo firmware has been updated to v9.1.0.
- If I run a Makelangelo 5 from the LCD panel and tell it to go home, it will often go to a position high on the left side. This was the symptom of an off-by-two problem in the EEPROM, which has been fixed.
- Added Dynamic Acceleration: accelerate more slowly at the bottom and in the corners to avoid swinging from the pen holder and get better quality drawings
- Improved LCD menu options with a toggle up/down command, a status menu, and more responsive dial behavior.
Makelangelo software has been updated to 7.21.0.
- Better DXF and SVG handling
- candy-cane coloring of line segments to show more of what’s going on in the mind of the robot
- better time estimates
- at the end of a Makelangelo 5 drawing, move the pen away from the image.
These two must be updated together. For help with updating the firmware, please see our pictoral guide.
Makelangelo software 7.8.0 brings friendlier CPU usage, new generators, DXF export for your CNC machine, and a host of bug fixes. Did you know there are now over 2500 Makelangelo robots around the world? Awesome!