V7.8 & diy machines

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot V7.8 & diy machines

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In v7.8 you can’t set a custom diameter makeing it imposibile to use if your coding is not strong 😀 or you dont have a Makelangelo machine…

Dan
    Keymaster

Please tell me what steps you are taking to set a custom diameter. I just retested changing the pen settings, they save and load OK.

tjhawkey
    Participant

I see what Vlad is saying. If I just open the software without the machine attached, there’s no sign of a pulley diameter setting in the machine tab. I haven’t checked yet to see if a field appears when the machine is connected.

Dan
    Keymaster

Aaah…. The new D10 system makes sure that the software knows which hardware model is connected.
    V2 and V3 Makelangelos only have one pulley size, so I hid the option. Less settings to confuse users.
    It didn’t cross my mind to add a “custom” machine where every setting can be changed. Your custom machine would have to report D10 V0.

Master branch of the github project now has a Makelangelo (custom) which allows all settings to be adjusted.

tjhawkey
    Participant

Hi Dan, is it possible for you to put a jar of the branch on github (maybe it’s there someplace and I don’t see it?)

Thanks!
    Tim

Dan
    Keymaster

Send me an email and I’ll send it to you personally.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you send a email to me too?:) I have downloaded the zip file from the master branch but i don’t know how to make it run, i suposse its a “unpacked program”?./..=> [email protected] 🙂

Dan
    Keymaster

You could follow the steps in the github wiki and then compile it for yourself. After the first roughness it’s as easy as git update, run latest. And I mean latest nightly build, as fast as anyone can check in the changes. If you’re brave enough to build a custom machine, the next logical step is to participate in the software development.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are right! laziness is not good 🙂 Its nice to work with a tutorial like that, i’m, looking up too get better and maybe help with something.

[INFO] ————————————————————————
    [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
    [INFO] Total time: 24.420 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2016-09-16T10:38:14+03:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 33M/426M

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.