Can't change settings on software

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Can't change settings on software

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Photoshop.

It has to be something with settings …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have reinstalled Windows 10, Java Arduino and Makelangelo-firmware. The problem is not solved. Plotting is not completed. Now I can not really get any further. Only working with the SD card is far too uncomfortable.
    I believe that the Java application does not work well for me.
    Unfortunately, I do not know enough about it to keep looking.

Dan
    Keymaster

I suspect the log file grows and grows until it fill memory. I have to test this here. it will be a few days to check.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Take your time. I am thankful for every help 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is always the same: the device stops after 27,000 – 28,000 lines:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/171202/4jsebiwt.jpg

Vladimir
    Participant

My drawing machine with a size of 1514 mm for 2000 mm
    I’m a designer and I have a big canvas
    Thousand millimeters per thousand two hundred millimeters, but I can not save the settings for this canvas !!!
    I changed the machine UID from -1 to 1 … It did not help ….
    Really does not work !!!
    You can change the parameters of the pencil only by changing the paper size. ))))

Dan
    Keymaster

hmm is right! I just tried it here with the latest version and it was fine. changed pen size and saved settings, changed paper size and saved, changed both together and saved, no issues.

Is there any error report in the log.html?

Vladimir
    Participant

When we close the window in the car, we do not need to slam the door for this.
    If we suggest changing the diameter of the pencil, you must save the new pencil diameter without changing the paper size, or warn the user that the settings are retained ONLY after changing the paper size.
    The size of the canvas 1000 mm by 1200 mm does not save at all.
    Any arbitrary size of the canvas can not be saved.
    Save only the sizes from the drop-down list …
    I did not find the log file. in the old versions was, in the new no.

Dan
    Keymaster

I want to help. I agree that the problem sounds strange. I am unable to recreate it here by following your steps. Are you sure you are running the latest software v7.15.2? I tested Makelangelo 3+ with several settings changes and there was no issue. As far as I know no one else has this issue either. I don’t know how else to help yet.

Vladimir
    Participant

I did not know that there was a new version.(( in the morning I will find where to download and test. I will write about the result. thanks, given that you give this business so much time!!!

Vladimir
    Participant

updated to:
    Makelangelo firmware-5.17.3
    Makelangelo-7.15.3-with dependencies
    + Canvas size is saved! Thank you!))
    + The diameter of the pen is saved Thank you!))
    ///////////////////////////////////////
    – Did not work “Start at line #” … (((
    I have a file of 170 000 lines, I had to draw from the line number 90 000, but the machine began to draw from the very beginning.
    – The style “Wander” does not work

Dan
    Keymaster

Is your drawing a single continuous line?

The “start at #” goes to line N, then looks backward in the gcode to find the last time the pen was put down and starts from there. if your drawing is one giant line, it would start from the very beginning.

I will have to improve that, maybe with a checkbox option (“start exactly at this line number?”)

Wander is slow to show results. it’s also not wonderful, but it does work. Try to expand the log tab at the bottom of the app before running Wander, and you will see status reports while it is working.

mikecogs
    Participant

I am having similar issues. I was able to change the UID to 1 but I still can’t save/change settings.
    Makelangelo 5, firmware v8, Software v7.17.0,
    64-bit Java Version 8 Update 191 (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
    Tried both Mac and PC same issue.

Dan
    Keymaster

@mikecogs I’ll schedule time this afternoon to test and see if I can get the same results.
    Please give me a detailed step-by-step of what you are doing so I can repeat your actions as a test.

mikecogs
    Participant

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    Makelangelo 5, firmware v8, Software v7.17.0,
    64-bit Java Version 8 Update 191 (build 1.8.0_191-b12)

here is a link to a video I took and a picture:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/5AX2qAWAnjzyb85J7

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.