Best Pens?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I’ve been fiddling with my own makealangelo-based drawing machine. I will put together a blog post detailing my build soon. First though, I wanted to ask about your favorite pens/markers to use with the machine.

So far my favorite has been the ultra-fine sharpie which I think is popular among everyone here based on photos I’ve seen. I’ve also tried a couple different micron pens from sakura with good results. I would love to find a refillable felt tip marker! I always worry about a marker having enough ink left to finish a new drawing after it’s done a couple already.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like sharpies because they’re available everywhere. I’m not going to tell someone to use something they can’t have.

On large drawings (2h+) I only use a sharpie once. I have a pause command so I can swap when the line start to deteriorate.

The latest Makelangelo software can be taught the size of the tip of your pen under “adjust current tool”. This should make it easy to test different pens. Maybe in a future version will support many different kinds of pens at once.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are ways to renew Sharpies.

http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/how-to-fix-a-dried-out-sharpie/

I was wondering if anyone tried this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to try that in a few hours and let you know. I have lots of victims – I mean, test subjects.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I have used these with good success https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sharpie+refill&tbm=shop

The stainless steel sharpies are beautiful, too, but you don’t need one to make use of the “refill”, which is basically an entire sharpie without the outer pen body.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If this thing had upvotes I’d give you one right now. Nice find!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.