Arduino mega and ramps without led disolay

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Arduino mega and ramps without led disolay

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey dan i was busy for tgese days
    I was working on the machine..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ip1VA6xFoiFJ78JVqRtVnZnndcBVZObx/view?usp=drivesdk

Please look the image above… Did u notice the motor is away from the board…

Is it a problem for the size errors of the machine.. I will post the image i wanted to draw and the image my machine drew on paper

Image wanted to draw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXCRjoYwfeazuR58fOB9LFbMZgJINOxR/view?usp=drivesdk

Image drawn by the machine
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y0cySBMsf0kFAbV8s2DV-uRzO5WeETFd/view?usp=drivesdk

See the image looks compressed height wise..

Is it possible that the error i mentioned above is due to the distance between the board and the pulley head

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey dan???..

Dan
    Keymaster

I don’t remember ever seeing a picture that was short and fat. Probably setting the board dimensions wrong.
    I think you might also be losing steps, it looks like some loops don’t completely close.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan

Can u tell me what could be the reason for the following problem??

*when i try to draw a 10 mm square the machine draws 20 mm square… Can u please tell me what the problems could be???

Dan
    Keymaster

Sounds like your microstepping is wrong, or your motors are 200-step. Our motors are 400-step and would move half as far every time. You can adjust the DEGREES_PER_STEP in firmware. 200-step motors should be 1.8. 400-step should be 0.9.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks dan ill try it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey dan the micro stepping helped… Bt i am facing a new problem ill sent a link to the video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPPyOY4WqNhsnGn2Ft_CqmNvjmuPMGg-/view?usp=drivesdk

When the handle goes up and down there is a jerk in movement do u have a solution for it?

Dan
    Keymaster

looks like missed steps.

slow the machine down.

check the belt is not skipping on the pulley.

maybe add counterweights?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok dan ill try that and keep you posted

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey dan i reduced the speed of the machine and it works too…… Bt when we draw a 10 mm line horizontally it draws 10 mm… And when we draw a 10 mm vertically it draws 15 mm line how do we solve this problem?,

Is it something related with machune dimensions..?

Dan
    Keymaster

That sounds very likely. The pen holder is probably making machine dimensions difficult to calculate. I mentioned that before, right? I would subtract the distance between the two bolts on the pen holder that hold the belt. Better would be arms that move like on the M5, then no funny math and more accurate drawings in the corners.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh dan i solved the size problem… Now when i draw a 10mm square atleast it draws 0.9 mm squarr
    .. But when i draw cross hatches the vertical lines and horizontal lines dont sync.. Ill post a video of the machine making the error

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TCKpxR_K0cxoSFTfJOJxb5RdUvKaaz0d/view?usp=drivesdk

The lines get mismatched… Like vertical lines get offsetted

Dan
    Keymaster

I can’t tell what I’m looking at in the video that is supposed to show the problem. what do you mean by “don’t sync”? Are you still losing steps somewhere?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeaa the vertical lines were to be on with the horizontal line. But it is not… Does this mean that i am loosing steps.. Can u suggest me a better pen holder??

Anonymous
    Inactive

So what should i do if i am loosing steps.. Should islow down the machine a little bit more?

Dan
    Keymaster

that would be a good start. eliminate variables one at a time until the picture is perfect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you suggest me a new pen holder

Dan
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks dan.. I. Am sorry for the late repky…

I am from southern part of india.. A place known as kerala.. It was flooding here… Resulting in a loss of morethan 20000 crores..

So i was caught up in beetween all these floods and all

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan after moving the machinr a few times using the manual driving in the software…

When i hit up 100 the machine goes down 100…

The machine will be ok till that particular second…
    At first when we swith on the machine it works fine.. When i hit up 100 it goes up.. But after sometimes it reverses..
    It is ok with the left and right… But up and down is a problem

How can i resolve this

Dan
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. Can you show me an example?

Start at home position.

Move down 100mm.
    Move up 100mm.
    Move left 100mm.
    Move right 100mm.

If you are starting at home and going up 100mm, machine probably cannot do this because the tension on the belt is impossible.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.