Another DIY Makelangelo with RAMPS 1.4

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Another DIY Makelangelo with RAMPS 1.4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Malanow
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    First of all, I would like to say that you are geniuses and thank you for sharing such a great project with the world. Well done!

First, I have two questions:
    1) I use RAMPS without a card reader and display, which should be commented in configure.h so that everything is ok

2) Servo behavior question. I connected the servo, wanting to check if anything was working (I’m waiting for the motors). I connected the board to my Mac (unfortunately the Windows version of the software turns off when trying to connect). The program connects to the board, and I want to manually raise or lower the pen, unfortunately nothing happens. The servo has been tested and it works for sure

3) There is a chance to improve the software for Windows?

Besides, I am happy to translate the interface into Polish and Ukrainian.

Dan
    Keymaster

don’t change configure.h! If you do then an github update would wipe your changes away.

Create a file called local_config.h. inside that, write

#pragma once

#undef HAS_LCD // no LCD please
    #undef HAS_SD // no SD card, please

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS
    #define MACHINE_STYLE POLARGRAPH

Neat, hey?

2) Connect to the robot. Open the serial window. Remember to set “newline” and “baud: 57600” in the options at the bottom of the serial window. Type “G0 Znn” and hit enter, where nn is a whole number between 10 and 170. You should see the servo move right away.

3) improve how? You are welcome to create issue tickets on github, make pull requests for changes you have written, or submit translations for new languages.

Dan
    Keymaster

Thank you for the inspiration to add the “how to translate” link on the wiki @ https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-software/wiki !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Dan.
    Malanow
    Participant

Hi!

Everything is fine so far. I connected the servo to the wrong pins (servo pins, but not the ones you need).

As for the software, it doesn’t lack anything, but the latest build didn’t connect to RAMPS. I downloaded the nightly version and now everything is fine.

Now it’s time for mechanical assembly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.