• Dan
    Dan
    October 25, 2018 at 10:12 #20999

in zarplotter.ino there should be a method called IK(). it takes the cartesian coordinates and converts them to motor steps (aka belt lengths).
    Acceleration is trapezoidal and is calculated in motor.ino. You can adjust acceleration within a G command by adding an A value. M114 will tell you the current A.

Keep me posted on your development, please!

monkmartinez
    January 21, 2019 at 11:03 #21657

I am very interested in building the Zarplotter. However, I have a few questions…

1. Are there instructions on the assembly of what is currently working included in the BOM purchase?

2. How much, roughly, will it cost to build assuming I have a 3d printer but none of the electronics or hardware (nuts, bolts)

3. Plans for future development?

Dan
    Dan
    January 21, 2019 at 11:36 #21658

1. No. I know a few people have built one. Perhaps this is an opportunity to make a kick-ass youtube video 🙂

2. 4 steppers + arduino + motor shield + some nuts and bolts + 4m? timing belt + blue servo + a board + sharpie + a power supply. That’s the minimum. Your price varies with availability and shipping.

3. I don’t currently have plans myself as I am busy with another robot. A future idea would be springs between the belt and the plotter head to allow a bit of flex; better way of holding the belt against the pulleys; and some way to drop off one pen and pick up another of a different color (automatic pen changer).

monkmartinez
    January 21, 2019 at 15:12 #21665

Hi Dan,

Fair enough and thank you for the response!

I am actually printing the parts for the MPCNC as we speak. I was hoping for an intermediate project before I jumped in with both feet on the CNC with RAMBO board and all that. This looks like a good candidate but I am torn between this, a SCARA, or one of the AxiDraw knockoffs… or something with a bit more documentation so I can learn that parts that I simply don’t know.

Dan
    Dan
    January 22, 2019 at 00:29 #21666

In another thread we’re looking at building the makelangelo 6 from some very inexpensive components. would work for zarplotter, too. join us?

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved and you'll be given a link. You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your Cart at any time.
Back Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved with Product pictures and information, and Cart Totals. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time.
Your cart email sent successfully :)