Drawing open street maps on the Makelangelo looks fantastic and is painless once you have the Open Street Map OSM file into DXF format. Here are the steps I use to download Open Street Map data as a DXF.
- Download OSM IQ
- Make sure the preview window is the same shape as the paper.
- Move and zoom the world in the preview window until the area you want to export fills the preview window.
- Click “Download OSM Data”
- Click “Export to DXF”
- Click one coordinate reference system and click “Select”
- Save your new map DXF file.
- Start Makelangelo
- Open file
- Change the file type to “DXF map data”
- Choose your file
- Preview, draw, and enjoy!
Would you like a drawing of your area? Contact us and be ready with your GPS coordinates.