Windows serial connection problems
2020-11-02 at 09:42 #29001
How to check if Windows Firewall is blocking a program
* Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
* Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
* Click on System and Security.
* Click on Windows Defender Firewall. * From the left pane Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
* In the allowed app window, scroll through all the apps.
* Locate the app you want to check and see if the app is checked.
* If it is unchecked, the app is blocked on the Firewall.
* If your program is blocked, simply uncheck the app and click OK.2020-11-12 at 11:32 #29040elvisblack1Participant
Some time back I eliminated the RS-232 from the mobo profiles as a test and have been since trying with different USB to Serial port connectors. All of which appear as introduced and working with new drivers and so on, BUT still any program attempting to utilize those gadgets give me mistakes like, “Blunder Opening Com Port” .. The port Com X doesn’t exist”. Tried all coms from 1 to 250 and ALL are show as not existing by every running project.
At the point when I had the mobo RS-232 empowered I would get (for every one of the 250 com ports) “The com port is now being used by another program”. However all windows and outsider diagnostics show all the com ports alright and working and NOT being used. Primary concern all things considered all is well. In any case, a few projects I have to utilize that all need a working Com port all can’t see my Win 10 Com ports. It’s odd.2020-11-12 at 11:33 #29042
What are you talking about? “blunder opening com port” is not a phrase used anywhere in our projects. as far as I know none of the code explicitly uses rs232 (like softwareSerial). Can you be more specific?2021-01-02 at 13:51 #29175
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.