USB port issues

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot USB port issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Successfuly compiled arduino sketch and now no matter what usb serial port I pick on my macbook I can’t get it to upload to the board. been at it for way too long. Am I missing something obvious here?

Getting this error. avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “/dev/tty.usbmodem411”: No such file or directory
    ioctl(“TIOCMGET”): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got the AF drawbot sketch uploaded to the Uno, but in a weird way. I had to take off the motor shield and then the Uno would show up as attached to a tty.usb port on my mac. As soon as I put the motor shield back on, and open up the GUI, there are no tty.usb ports to choose from.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting. Can you take a photo of both sides of the motor shield? I’d like to see if there was any damage in shipping.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well right away I can see one of your motors is backwards. That can be fixed in the software, so I guess it’s not a big issue.

I don’t see anything wrong with the board. it’s probably shorting out in some way. I don’t see how.

When you press the shield onto the UNO, do the metal pins from the shield touch any part of the UNO where they shouldn’t? I’m wondering if the USB plug is touching a 5v connection, maybe that’s doing it. I would try putting in the shield but leave it slighly pulled out so that contact is only made at the pins that are supposed to touch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.