"this is home" doesn’t do anything?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot "this is home" doesn’t do anything?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using the recommended hardware (kit #119). Although it is possible that I’ve already managed to foul up the motors some by failing to install the limit switches and overwinding while testing things out. I did configure the limits:
    CONFIG T20.799999237060547 B-20.799999237060547 L-26.0 R26.0 I1 J1;
    TELEPORT X0 Y0 Z0;
    L=20.80,-26.00 R=20.80,26.00 Bottom=-20.80 Feed rate=f1=2984.51mm/min> >

Hitting ‘this is home’ doesn’t change the situation as far as I can tell.

I did a clean install of 0.8.6.

Anonymous
    Inactive

arve – can you jog the motors?

Anonymous
    Inactive

yup, motors jog fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moved this to a separate thread.

What, exactly, is not working? I’m not clear. You can jog the motors, you can config the motors, but all Drive Manual commands do nothing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had the same behaviour (jog and draw was fine, not none of the move manually panel worked) I updated to the latest firmware (0.8.6D) and now it works just fine. I have no idea if the two are related though, as I can now run an older version of the Java client and move manually works there too now). That would point to the ardunio code having the change in it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yup, that’s right, drive manual buttons get me nothing, but doesn’t seem to be a hardware or configuration prob.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The old firmware (read: arduino code) had a memory problem that made the board reset every time you told it to move in a line. The easiest way to see this bug would be to move manually and watch the serial output window. Every time you hit a button it would either not respond at all or it would give the HELLO WORLD message again and again.
    The 0.8.6 firmware fixes the bug. grab the latest from github and install the arduino.ino code the same way you did last time. Please let me know if this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m already running 0.8.6. I was getting the errors you are describing before, but still no action on the drive manually menu with 0.8.6.

Anonymous
    Inactive

can we talk on skype or facetime? I need to see what’s going on to help you fix it. email me and we’ll connect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

newer versions seem to have solved this issue. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.