Switching Languages?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Switching Languages?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

My Makelangelo has the awesome capability of running in various languages. (version 7.1.0)
    Unfortunately, I selected a language I’m not familiar with. (Greek looks very cool.)
    Short of doing a reinstall, is there a file or line of code that can be removed to get the chance to pick again?

Anonymous
    Inactive

On a windows computer the preferences are stored in the registry keys.

First, stop the app.

I believe you can search registry for “Drawbot” and then a sub-set called “Language” and finally a key called “language” who’s value is set to the current language. Delete the key/value pair, then restart the app. It will not find the key and offer the popup again.

…I don’t actually know where the preferences are stored in OSX or linux.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That search would be “draw/bot” in regedit

Also do you think that there may be a reg entry affecting the paper & machine settings not working.

I did not know that the program embedded itself into windows I thought it was riding on top of java. Now that opens a whole new can of worms.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used a “preferences” class available as part of java. Apparently in windows the native implementation uses registers. I didn’t know that until long after it was in use. Trying to replace it with something less ugly has created a lot of code in the app.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/prefs/Preferences.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope you can work out the problems with 7 I like the new interface.

Keep it up. Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

@shadyoaks thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.