Stewart2 platform not working

Shop Forum Stewart/Gough Platforms Stewart2 platform not working

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I have build your Stewart 2 with rumba and all components. I have your firmware 1.0.0 installed, but I cannot get anything to move. The serial monitor shows mirrored ? symbol and no GCODE does anything other that create rubble on the monitor screen. Also the robot overlord does not find the platform. What can I be doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance because I am getting crazy after trying time and time again for 2 weeks now.

Rumba board is connected by com5 (usb) and is recognized by Arduino IDE as Mega2560.

Dan
    Keymaster

You will have to run R71 to set the factory default switch angles, then R70 to save them to the EEPROM memory so it knows how to home. Every time you start the machine run G28 to home the device. Once it is home it knows where it *is* and can figure out where it is *going*.

Dan
    Keymaster

Please tag us in a video, I want to see your creation! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi i’m having the same issue and was wondering
    do you just type it into the serial monitor or is it something else, i really need to solve this issue as soon as possible.
    thank you

Dan
    Keymaster

yes, in the serial monitor. Baud is 57600. make sure “send newline” is on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.