[solved] Arm 3 Java Error

Shop Forum Sixi Robot Arm [solved] Arm 3 Java Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I’m interested in purchasing the Robot Arm v.3, but I wanted to download the software prior to purchasing to get a preview and make sure it could do what I would like. I downloaded the files and installed them on my computer, however I’m running into the issue of the java registry missing. I have gone through several steps, ranging from re-installing java to going to the system regulation, however no luck. I was hoping you could provide some additional troubleshooting for how this issue can be resolved.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It appears there is an error that slipped through testing. Fixing it is a very high priority right now. More news ASAP.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have checked in a new version to github. Please grab the latest master branch and try running

latest_official_release/Arm3/start win32.bat

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! It is working now! One last question – if I would like to input a series of x,y,z coordinates that I generated using another program, where do I input that information? Can directly copy and paste that information into the serial port connection.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a good question. Since I got this working a lot faster than I thought I would, let me get that code copied over from the Makelangelo. The same kind of “load gcode” and “action > start/start at/stop/pause”.

Java and OpenGL really don’t want to play nice together. If they did I’d have the Makelangelo running in OpenGL and you’d just pick the robot you want to run. Easier than having two programs with all the same code 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive

updated again. This version changes “Generate” to “Gcode” and has a new “Load Gcode” menu option. Beside that is “Action” which includes start, start at, pause, and halt. When you are connected to the robot via serial and you have gcode loaded the action menu options will become available (black).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.