Skycam attempt, issues with HID in Robot Overlord

Shop Forum Everything Else Skycam attempt, issues with HID in Robot Overlord

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    skylarthegrey
    Participant

Hello, Having issues adding a skycam to Robot Overlord. The software looks very interesting and I pulled the Git to try it out if it would work for my use, but I’m hitting an issue with Eclipse’s console showing an error loading my mouse as an I/O device. Of course this seems to mean that Robot Overlord is not working as it does not recognize my inputs beyond clicking around the sidebar windows.

My suspicion is that I have the wrong JDK pointer? Please advise

2021-01-20 15:07:18 Found C:\Users\****\git\Robot-Overlord-App\pom.xml
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 ERROR Failed to load C:\Users\****\git\Robot-Overlord-App\pom.xml
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 SoundSystem start
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 InputManager start
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 INPUT library path=null
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 Trying to force local path, likely to fail.
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 supported=true
    Jan 20, 2021 3:07:18 PM net.java.games.input.ControllerEnvironment log
    INFO: Failed to initialize device Wacom Device because of: java.io.IOException: Failed to acquire device (8007001e)

INFO: Failed to initialize device HIDI2C Device because of: java.io.IOException: Failed to acquire device (8007001e)

INFO: Failed to initialize device Pro Fit Ergo Keyboard & Mouse because of: java.io.IOException: Failed to acquire device (8007001e)

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.java.games.input.Component$Identifier$Button.getName()" because "id" is null
        at net.java.games.input.RawMouse$Button.<init>(RawMouse.java:197)
        at net.java.games.input.RawMouseInfo.createControllerFromDevice(RawMouseInfo.java:83)
        at net.java.games.input.RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.createControllersFromDevices(RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.java:160)
        at net.java.games.input.RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.enumControllers(RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.java:176)
        at net.java.games.input.RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.<init>(RawInputEnvironmentPlugin.java:123)
        at net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin.<init>(DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin.java:46)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:64)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:500)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.ReflectAccess.newInstance(ReflectAccess.java:128)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newInstance(ReflectionFactory.java:350)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:645)
        at net.java.games.input.DefaultControllerEnvironment.getControllers(DefaultControllerEnvironment.java:160)
        at com.marginallyclever.robotOverlord.swingInterface.InputManager.listAllControllers(InputManager.java:143)
        at com.marginallyclever.robotOverlord.swingInterface.InputManager.start(InputManager.java:134)
        at com.marginallyclever.robotOverlord.RobotOverlord.<init>(RobotOverlord.java:208)
        at com.marginallyclever.robotOverlord.RobotOverlord$6.run(RobotOverlord.java:1051)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:316)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
        at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
        at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 Undo start
    2021-01-20 15:07:18 Create default scene
    2021-01-20 15:07:20 Create GUI
    Dan
    Keymaster

Interesting! I’ve never seen this one before.

First i’d try disconnecting the HID Wacom table and try again.
    Then the HIDI2C device, whatever that is.

Do you have an extra fancy mouse or keyboard? It’s dying when it tries to make a list of all the buttons on your mouse.

I googled the bug and it seems the jinput library we use can’t understand how to talk to some of the input devices on your machine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.