replace the servomotor for lifting pencil

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot replace the servomotor for lifting pencil

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vladimir
    Participant

I want to replace the servomotor for lifting pencil on the stepping motor. servomotor are very unreliable !!! ((( How to do it? Who can help? I’m using arduino mega 2560 and ramps 1.4

Dan
    Keymaster

> I want to replace the servomotor

ok

> for lifting pencil

it’s not a pencil

> on the stepping motor.

what? the “pencil” is not on the stepper motor.

Vladimir
    Participant

I apologize for my poor knowledge of English !!
    I want to push the writing instrument, and not push the gondola off the canvas.
    An active gondola with a servo drive smears the paint, and the servo drive after some (very short) time starts to work intermittently and may not work at all.
    So I decided to change the gondola and replace the servodrive with a stepper motor.

ianmcmill
    Participant

He wants to replace the servo motor with a stepper motor. You can get smoother movement with a stepper than a servo. No jitter those cheap SG90 produce.
    Even if his English is not Oxford English I bet you understood what he wanted to say.

Replace servo (which moves the pen(cil) up and down) with stepper motor.
    Stepper motor = low jitter
    Servo motor high jitter/ high jerk.

Dan
    Keymaster

I didn’t understand what @Vladimir was trying to do.

The goal is interesting. I’ve tried a few times in the past with a servo. For me the challenge is the mechanical slide that moves the pen back and forth.

Also with a stepper motor you will have to add an encoder or limit switch. On the plus side you can do away with the 200g weight because a weighs enough to compensate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.