Pen change/ SVG

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Pen change/ SVG

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrbernd
    Participant

I am still very happy about my “Makelangelo” which I built almoste completely with leftovers from other projects (CNC shield, Arduino MEGA, NEMA 17 and “thingiverse”). So far I made already several pictures with different interfaces from the Makelangelo software (SVG, Scratch2, DXF, JPEG) and there are still plenty of things to test, optimize and draw. Most of the time I use the SVG format to import my geometries, pictures from “plotterfun” etc.

For a future project I would like to use at least 2 different pens, e.g. with different colors or thicknesses. Is there a possibility to use a single e.g. SVG file where the Makelangelo then draws the first color/ type and then asks to replace the pen and continues to plot the second part?

This could in principle be done with two different SVG files but I frequently use the options from the Makelangelo software to resize, flip etc. Thus, if I have two files the chances are high that the scaling gets messed up.

Regards,
    Bernd

Dan
    Keymaster

Have you tried to load a two-color SVG? It should already remember the colors and offer a pen change at the right moment.

mrbernd
    Participant

Dear Dan,

I tried it with a relatively simple SVG file with only two colors. It draws everything in the same color and there is no “pause” etc.

Please find below an excerpt from the SVG I am using.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″ standalone=”no”?>
    <svg
    xmlns:dc=”http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/&#8221;
    ….
    inkscape:window-height=”716″
    id=”namedview6″
    showgrid=”false”
    inkscape:zoom=”0.3337544″
    inkscape:cx=”1115.8384″
    inkscape:cy=”669.72434″
    inkscape:window-x=”-8″
    inkscape:window-y=”-8″
    inkscape:window-maximized=”1″
    inkscape:current-layer=”svg4″ />
    <path
    d=”M976 0 L986 6 L996 13 M1054 53 …. Z”
    stroke=”black”
    stroke-width=”0.5″
    fill=”none”
    id=”path2″ />
    <path
    id=”path309″
    style=”fill:none;stroke:#ff0000;stroke-width:0.01562447in;stroke-linecap:round;stroke-linejoin:round”
    d=”m 1122.9626,1939.2465 -3.4987,6.1867 ….”
    inkscape:connector-curvature=”0″ />
    </svg>

Do you know where I can find a “working” mulitcolor SVG-file. I could give it a try and may find the issue…

Thanks again!
    Bernd

mrbernd
    Participant

Would like to adress it once more….

I already have some experience with SVGs etc., but multicolor SVGs still open as all in one color.
    Is there an example available?

Bernd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.