Manual Driving Feature Request

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Manual Driving Feature Request

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Coding is getting more important in schools, and I think the Makelangelo could be a part of this as well. Drawing robots make code concrete and visible.

Here is one example of coding (a little old school)
    http://www.transum.org/software/Logo/

This is an example of the “block” visualization of coding currently popular in US coding circles.
    https://studio.code.org/s/course1/stage/7/puzzle/2

Might it be possibility that there is a manual driving only mode?
    The buttons would be large, and the paper would become the output.
    This manual driving practice would also cause older students to respect the power of multi-line gcode.

Also if there is a user that has assembled a variety of drawing challenges, I would be very interested.

Dan
    Keymaster

Once the robot is homed the manual driving buttons will move fixed amounts around the paper.

There’s also the power to type GCODE commands directly to the robot in the advanced window at the bottom of the app (might be minized at start).

Are you asking for a scratch-like system to make loops?

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Loops could come later, but the more important suggestion is that the on screen “paper” become much smaller, and the manual driving buttons become larger. The “driving only” mode would be somewhat more approachable for younger users, perhaps. Thanks for considering it.

I did miss the gcode screen which was minimized so thanks for pointing that out.

Dan
    Keymaster

If I make the driving buttons larger the context-sensitive menu on the right must become much wider.
    Unless I’m missing something. Can you draw me a picture of your ideal interface?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.