Makelangeo software Windows issues

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangeo software Windows issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest Makelangelo software, which looks great !!
    Its clear there has been hard work for it.
    I am able to launch the software succesfully, but I am facing two issues that I was not able to solve by myself :

1/ I can’t “Adjust machine & paper size”.
    When I click, no window pops up. Instead, I have the following error in windows shell :

2/ I can transform a picture to Gcode, but not a text to Gcode. Here is the error in windows shell :

(I tried to write “Hello Makelangelo” as you can see.

3/ What I tried :
    Its looks to me that java is not able to “find” some package or files.
    On the first issue, it looks like it is not able to load the picture of the machine.
    On the second one, it doesn’t seem to find the fonts ?
    What I did :
    – I re-installed latest java RE and java SDK, but it is the same thing.
    – I tried on two different computers, errors again. The first one is Win7-64 bits, second one is Win8-64 bits.

Any tips ?

Thanks again !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Adjust machine and paper size appears to be dying when it looks for the sample image that explains the difference between machine size and paper size.

text to gcode is dying because it can’t find the alphabet folder with the ASCII table (explained in gcode).

I don’t know why either of these would be happening. Can anyone else confirm they are seeing the same issues?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your answer,

If anyone wanders around here, please feel free to tell us if it works or not on your side, and if it does, what is your particular setup ? OS, 32-64bits, Java versions, Software versions, etc !

Thanks a lot everybody
    Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Dan,

Unfortunately I am not a java superhero…

I found two possible solutions :
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13130982/imageio-cant-read-input-file (may be particularly relevant if you are you using OSX, which I think you do)
    – or http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12841741/java-unknown-source-with-imageio

Hope this helps,

Sonoff

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately no one else is reporting this issue.

We’re already doing one of those solutions.

String limit_file = "limits.png";
    BufferedImage myPicture = null;
    try {
    InputStream s = MainGUI.class.getResourceAsStream("/"+limit_file);
    myPicture = ImageIO.read(s);
    }
    catch(IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    if (myPicture == null) {
    System.err.println(translator.get("CouldNotFind")+limit_file);
    return;
    }

Can you try grabbing the developer branch on github and letting me know if that helps?

Thank you for your patience with this. It doesn’t normally take this long to figure out what’s going wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Dan,

I downloaded the latest version in github dev branch.
    Although I did not try to actually draw something, software looks like working 🙂
    Its quite late in France, so I will try the full process tomorrow.

Thanks again !

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same issue. I am using Windows Vista. Java is current. When I start the master branch software, I get no pop-up window for the Machine and Paper size. I am able to move the pen servo up and down.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The ImageIo.read() is this: the settings panel has a picture of a makelangelo. If it can’t find the image to display, the error happens. What I can do is patch the master branch so that the panel still loads even if it can’t find the picture.

What about the latest release, is it also producing the error?

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. I have both the ‘regular’ program and the authorized program from github.I just installed them on my desktop. I have been trying both, with the same problem.
    Perhaps you can post the ‘patch’ here in the forum? Are those stepper motors supposed to get really hot? Both of mine were crazy hot and they weren’t running. I just had the board on for 30 minutes or so.
    Thanks Dan…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hot is normal. If you have a RUMBA board you can turn the potentiometer on the drivers 1/8th counter clockwise to lower the current. It will reduce the motor temp but might also cause the motors to lose steps (you’ll have to draw slower).

I don’t have a solution to the problem right now. I don’t know why it’s failing to load the image.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You mentioned maybe taking the photo out and just having a basic pop-up window for the dimensions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am running into the same Java error, a whole list of unknown source errors. I have tried to changing permissions in Java and loading 64 bit edition but no luck. I cannot get paper size to work or motors to move. I have 3.2 configuration and 7.1 software. Display shows X Makelangeo.com and z at 80.00 & F 7000.96. Any help would be great.

Update: The unknown source errors and exception error starts when I try to adjust paper size. Makelangelo does not respond to any commands.. Help Please. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.