Makelangelo image creation workflow

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo image creation workflow

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello:
    I’m wondering if this tutorial – https://www.marginallyclever.com/2012/03/convert-svg-drawings-makelangelo/ – is still accurate with the current version of the software. I’m not getting the same results when I go through the same steps. Could someone provide an update?
    Thanks,
    Don

Dan
    Keymaster

Where do the results go wrong? Did you ungroup everything? Some DXF elements are….exotic? and might not be fully supported by the software. Send me a link to your SVG and DXF files, I’ll test them here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used the sample darth_1.svg that is linked in the original post. When I open the .svg file in Makelangelo it renders fine. I’ve followed the instructions. Open in Inkscape, Edit>Select All, Object>Ungroup, save as Desktop Cutting Plotter (AutoCAD DXF R14) (*.dxf).
    There are a number of options presented when I convert the file from .svg to .dxf – I have the following settings – checked LWPOLYLINE, base unit = mm, character encoding = UTF8, and Layer export option = all (default).
    When I open the resulting .dxf file in Makelangelo I get a few lines displayed when the file loads.
    Thanks,
    Don

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.