Makelangelo Firmware for 7.3

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo Firmware for 7.3

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Hi, Trying to use the new 7.3.1 Software. Now with Pig Latin option! Getting stuck.
    It’s a “new” Win 7 machine with no previous installs.

The first thing I notice is that Arduino is now version 1.6.7. Their “upgrade” could be the source of the issue since the firmware is for 1.6.6.

I copy over the libraries of AFMotorDrawbot. Launch Arduino and open firmware_AMS file. The code dosen’t compile and offers this:
    Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”
    sketch\Adafruit_MotorShield\Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp:25:37: fatal error: Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h: No such file or directory
    #include <Adafruit_PWMServoDriver.h>
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    Error compiling.

I’m sure that this is the reason that when I click the start windows batch file, it opens briefly and then closes.
    Any idea about what to change?

Dan
    Keymaster

PWMServoDriver is new to me.

Please check that the start windows batch file contains the right name for the .jar file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m on a Mac and I’m getting a similar error, and when you add the servo library there are a lot of dual declaration errors.
    From the error message (that we both get) it looks like the error is in Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp, I looked around there a bit, but I couldn’t fix it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I moved the firmware_ams folder into the AFMotorDrawbot folder and it is compiling now, (still can’t draw, but you know, small victories)

Dan
    Keymaster

Please post the entire error message.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The entire error message is what edmonds librarian posted, I got it working after that (and then broke it again doing something irrelevant)

Dan
    Keymaster

I’ve just pushed github commit 778525a3bb7a479545018a91e8279dc08f29d094 to https://github.com/marginallyclever/makelangelo-firmware

It compiles without error. Does it run OK for you? I don’t have a AFMS2 setup to run right this second.

It looks like now 1.6.7 will read the libraries from the install folder. That means no more installing a library to get Makelangelo to run. Easier!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ye fam, it runs.
    Well, it compiles, and the Java code connects to it, motors aren’t spinning, but I’ll debug that (and I assume it’s a separate issue)

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

My machine is working great now with the latest update and 7.3.2
    Be sure to download the dependency file as well. Thanks to all voices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI,
    I’m getting a similar error:

#include “Adafruit_MotorShield_MotorShield.h”

I have taken it out of the libraries folder and kept it in and still get the error. I copied and pasted: firmware_ams/firmware_ams.ino to no avail.

So really no adafruit libraries needed at all? What about Rumba. How is it possible to get rid of this compiling error?

Thanks,
    Erik

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Can you tell us a bit more about platform and versions? The latest firmware at GitHub did the trick for me, so I hope it will work for you too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. I am using arduino 2.6.7, adafruit motorshield v2, makelangelo 7.3.1, WIndows 7, and arduino uno. I have deleted AFDrawBot and I have the motorshield V2 library and AccelStepper in my libraries folder. When I download the zip file from Makelangelo, I do not see the firmware_arm file, so I copied the firmware from github and placed it in a new arduino folder (which should be fine). This yields the error. Did you copy it like this? I do not have a ‘firmware-arms’ folder.

The process to download and install the software I used was simply to download the zip Makelangelo with dependencies and then the latest firmware. Dan says that you don’t have to transfer any libraries.

Thank you again!

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

Arduino Library Install Clarification for Windows

I had some uncertainty if I was doing the library install right a while ago. I wasn’t copying the folder into the arduino library. I think this might be the most important screen shot.
    Your set up sounds exactly like mine from a software/hardware set up and your analysis sounds very reasonable.

Not sure if my story will offer a hint or not- I downloaded both the jar with dependency file and the new firmware at the same time. One of those triggered the firmware to work. I didn’t move the Arduino ino file out of the Makelangelo folder, but used the “file open” command inside Arduino. I keep my Makelangelo Files in my Documents Folder. Emotionally I know troubleshooting is hard because it feels like there isn’t any progress, and often I do the same steps over again. In this case I’m sure it wasn’t luck or skill on my part but pure tenacity and someone else doing magic coding behind the scenes. I thank all the great users who have helped me along the way, and hope this will help you in some small way.

Dan
    Keymaster

My current Arduino libraries folder: http://imgur.com/tzAbSbo
    My current makelangelo-firmware: http://imgur.com/EvgU5Ll

.\firmware_ams\Adafruit_MotorShield\utility contains Adafruit_PWMServoDriver files.

I’m running Arduino 1.6.7

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.