Makelangelo 7.6.0 Issues

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo 7.6.0 Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tjhawkey
    Participant

Hi Dan, I downloaded the latest Makelangelo to test with the latest arduino motorshield firmware from github and found a couple of issues.
    1) The engage/disengage control doesn’t quite work right (and didn’t in 7.5.0 either). It’s like the software toggles the state on press, but the display of the current engage/disengage isn’t correct.
    2) The cross hatch conversion now seems to generate spurious segments in white space. This is different than in 7.5.
    3) I don’t think either 7.5 or 7.6 can print previously generated NGC files. You can open and see them, but when you ask it to print, nothing happens

More testing to come.
    Thanks!

Dan
    Keymaster

Hi!

1) is the state always reversed from the description on the button?

2) I haven’t noticed. Please send me your source image and settings so I can try it myself.

Note to self: make a way to export settings easily.

3) I recently found that the teleport command (G92) was in a different unit of measurement from everything else, for no good reason. I’ve fixed it, but that means all old gcode files would need their G92 command updated. Where it said G92 X[A] Y[B], A and B are 10x larger now (to be mm like everything else)

I was going to detail this in the next Makelangelo software update, which I am testing now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.