Makelangelo 7.3.1

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo 7.3.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

Makelangelo 7.3.1 is out. Please carefully read the release notes on the download page.

https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo/releases

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan,

Why does the software issue a pen down at the end of running every gcode? This leads to bleeding spot if your not at the machine when it finishes.

Second, why does it issue a Pen down at “start” (prepare pen)? This is caused by the M6 tool change command. But its not in firmware to issue pen down, so it must be coming from the software.

Shouldn’t in both these instances be pen up?

Regards,

William

Dan
    Keymaster

I think I found it. Pause() lifts the pen if it is down. unpause() puts the pen back if it needs to. In some cases unpause() was called when pause() was never called. The “was the pen down when we started pause?” test is now wrong, because we never paused, and the pen would lower. This happened every time Halt() was called – right after gcode is loaded, and right after a drawing is finished.

So it’s a minor fix, and will be in the next release.

Now I try your R2D2 DXF.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just noticed a small problem for non-English users, after upgrading to 7.3.1, I can still click each button/menu, but all text is gone.

I’ve also found a solution.
    After reading about the need for translations I wondered whether 7.3.1. might be searching for an absent languagefile, which was used in 7.3.0.
    I guess it is, after choosing English in 7.3.0, I see text in 7.3.1.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How can I to turn off motors at the end the gcode? Editing the Gcode to include ‘M18’ does not seem to work.
    My motor sheild can get pretty warm, and I’d like not to worry about leaving it overnight.
    M

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.