Mac issue running Makelangelo software (first-use)

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Mac issue running Makelangelo software (first-use)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tinyenormous
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m trying to run Makelangelo and not having much luck. Both of the past two releases error out with ““Makelangelo” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.” and running the command file from the repo gives me “/opt/homebrew/opt/openjdk/bin/java
    found java executable in PATH
    Java version 17.0.2
    version is more than 1.15
    launching Makelangelo.jar …
    Error: Unable to access jarfile Makelangelo
    .jar

Saving session…completed.
    Deleting expired sessions… 2 completed.

[Process completed]”

I’m not that well versed in java setup so my java install could be breaking both things. I’ve tried it on my m1 mac running monterey 12.0.1 as well as an older intel mac and gotten similar errors.

I’ve also not found anything in searches that correlates with my issue. I’d love any help anyone has.

tinyenormous
    Participant

It seems like it was initially failing to find the Makelangelo*.jar, but hardcoding it in start OSX.command lets me move forward to launching Makelangelo-7.31.0-with-dependencies.jar ...
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /var/folders/ys/sxyw99690gq6wwy1hbql84jh0000gn/T/jogamp_0000/file_cache/jln17703799396493580846/jln16693308092174956100/natives/macosx-universal/libgluegen_rt.dylib

Am I following the wrong breadcrumb trail here? I feel like I might be looking into the wrong things.

Dan
    Keymaster

Hey, thanks for reporting this. I’ve added an explanation to our step-by-step guide here:

https://mcr.dozuki.com/Guide/1.+How+to+use+Makelangelo+Software+7.24+/5?lang=en#s428

Does that help?

mauricio
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a similar or the same error and unfortunately the link does not help me. When I run “java -jar Makelangelo-7.31.0-with-dependencies.jar” the splash screen appears, then it disappears again and in the terminal the following message appears:

Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can’t load library: /var/folders/kb/410xyy_92h75bz9tj07203fm0000gn/T/jogamp_0000/file_cache/jln1185833809605715089/jln12286576577737506615/natives/macosx-universal/libgluegen_rt.dylib
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2398)
    at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:785)
    at java.base/java.lang.System.load(System.java:1979)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibraryInternal(JNILibLoaderBase.java:604)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.access$000(JNILibLoaderBase.java:64)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:107)
    at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:488)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.DynamicLibraryBundle$GlueJNILibLoader.loadLibrary(DynamicLibraryBundle.java:427)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java:321)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
    at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.java:290)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:154)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.<init>(GLJPanel.java:363)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.<init>(GLJPanel.java:337)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.<init>(GLJPanel.java:325)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.preview.PreviewPanel.<init>(PreviewPanel.java:52)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.Makelangelo.createContentPane(Makelangelo.java:825)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.Makelangelo.createAppWindow(Makelangelo.java:905)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.Makelangelo.run(Makelangelo.java:190)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.Makelangelo.lambda$main$41(Makelangelo.java:1119)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:318)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:773)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:714)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:399)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

If I execute the start OSX.command the following message appears

/usr/bin/java
    found java executable in PATH
    Java version 18
    version is more than 1.15
    launching Makelangelo.jar …
    Error: Unable to access jarfile Makelangelo
    .jar
    Saving session…
    …copying shared history…
    …saving history…truncating history files…
    …completed.

[Prozess beendet]

I have tried Java 17 and 18 and also different software versions (7.31, 7.28.2, 7.32)

My machine is a M1 Macbook with BigSure.

It would be fantastic if this is a solvable problem.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.