Issue starting GCodeSender responses freaky signs

Shop Forum Everything Else Issue starting GCodeSender responses freaky signs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody,

i am trying to build a 4 axis cnc hotwire foam cutter. Using GcodeCNCDemo4AxisCNCShield on an Arduino Uno R3 with Protoneer CNC Shield V3. Everything works great in serial monitor of Arduino IDE. Would like to get your GCodeSender run… Downloaded it, double clicked on the GcodeSender.jar file. A window opens with black background and green font. I selected baud 115200 and the Arduino on COM4. Seems that it is connetcting but i spend hours to find out where is the problem of these freaky signs? Can anyone help me or has an idea?

Connecting to COM4…
    NI
    §È*J¸*J¨*J˜ÜŒ9ï�›ž !„ÖwÄSNZØ>Ÿ€
    óüF¨oó¿üˆˆÖg¸¿ŒjÈ!9݈ëŸÈˆÜý¿¸½Œ­ˆH럿¸½Œ¥†ÄÆ€
    óüˆHœ½CçÖÈ1Þˆ!1ÿÞȈœ!k¸÷ÞO
    ¾îÈ1Þ˜­¨oó¿­˜Öw!È
    ö˜¨ÖËŒÿ

Best regards from Germany
    BeerBull

Dan
    Keymaster

My first guess is something wrong with baud rate. My second is some kind of UTF8/ANSII problem (maybe german font settings are messing with Arduino?)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dan,

thank you for your quick answer, i don’t know what to do… tested and searched the last days. Now i downloaded eclipse and tryed to compilate your programm. I importet it directly via git url (the -master). Could anyone tell me what errors eclipse would tell me?
    error1
    error2
    error3
    i really don’t know where is the problem… hope this helps?

Best regards
    BeerBull

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Dan
    Keymaster

the third image is caused by the first image. maven doesn’t seem to be able to update your dependencies, so it can’t find jssc, so it can’t find SerialPortEventListener, so it can’t compile.

I’m not familiar with the maven error. Maybe this will help? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12533885/could-not-calculate-build-plan-plugin-org-apache-maven-pluginsmaven-resources

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.