Firmware upload error

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Firmware upload error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In uploading the firmware I am running into an error reading:

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Uno”

firmware_ams.ino:142:43: fatal error: AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
    “Show verbose output during compilation”
    enabled in File > Preferences.

does anyone know what is causing this ?

Many thanks in advance

Dan
    Keymaster

Some versions of Arduino software do treat the command #include <> the same as the rest.

You’ll have to move the two ./AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.* files to ./ and change the line that says

#include

to

#include

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you be just a touch more specific..

where is ./ ?

and are #include and #include not the same thing?

Dan
    Keymaster

./ means “this folder”. In this case, I assume you are looking at [some drive]/[some folders]/firmware_ams

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok my files are set up as follows:

documents/arduino/makelangelo-firmware/firmware_ams

in firmware_ams I have :
    Adafruit_MotorShield (folder)
    AFMotorDrawbot (folder)
    firmware_ams.no
    vector3.h

from this tell me how to reconfigure. I still do not understand your instructions

Dan
    Keymaster

take the

documents/arduino/makelangelo-firmware/firmware_ams/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.*

files and move them to

documents/arduino/makelangelo-firmware/firmware_ams/AFMotorDrawbot.*

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I do this I still get this message:

firmware_ams.ino:142:43: fatal error: AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.

Dan
    Keymaster

Please get the latest firmware from the website. I moved files to solve this problem for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Dan,

Though after updating I now run into this error:

AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()’:
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()’
    AFMotorDrawbot.cpp.o:AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:28: first defined here
    AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()’:
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::latch_tx()’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::enable()’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::AF_Stepper(unsigned int, unsigned char)’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::AF_Stepper(unsigned int, unsigned char)’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::setSpeed(unsigned int)’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::release()’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::onestep(unsigned char)’
    /Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot/AFMotorDrawbot.cpp:29: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::step(unsigned int, unsigned char)’
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error compiling.

thank you for your help

Dan
    Keymaster

Somehow AFMotorDrawbot has been added to your Arduino libraries, tho it should not be. Please delete the

/Users/austinredman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot

folder and its contents.

Anonymous
    Inactive

great, looks like that did the trick.

Thanks again Dan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.