F was not declared in scope

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot F was not declared in scope

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! I am interested in this project. I have tried to compile the code for Makelangelo for a few different Arduinos and I have been unsuccessful.

On my Mac, I get
    ‘F’ was not declared in this scope

on the P.C. I get
    Vector3 does not name a type.

I am pretty new to this and I would like to get code to compile before I go further with hardware and such.

Can someone please help a newb?
    -e3p0

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there anything that I can add that would help someone help me?

I really would like to witness one of these in person.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

One of what? You didn’t mention which project.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry. I am interested in Makelangelo. I have tried the code on two computers (Mac and PC)

I used the firmware ams example, because I have arduino and motor shield. I cannot get it to compile.
    I have the libraries installed in the correct locations (I am pretty sure anyway), but cannot get farther.

I have been able to use steppers and servos with my motor shield, I can test the individual components, but don’t know where to begin with the error message that I get with this code.

Could I have a corrupted Arduino.h file or something?

Thanks for the response!
    -e

Anonymous
    Inactive

What version of the arduino software are you using? I’m compiling with 1.0.6 and I get no problems.
    Vector3 comes from vector3.h, which should be in the same folder as firmware_ams.ino

F() is built into Arduino and should never fail. What is the exact error message, please?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Arduino 1.0.6 also
    With verbose output…

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328"
    /Users/ericnyman/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=106 -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SPI -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AFMotorDrawbot -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Wire -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD -I/Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/EEPROM /var/folders/g2/gn1b9cjx5l37d1j4kvm_qnm00000gn/T/build1167157518395065713.tmp/firmware_ams.cpp -o /var/folders/g2/gn1b9cjx5l37d1j4kvm_qnm00000gn/T/build1167157518395065713.tmp/firmware_ams.cpp.o
    In file included from firmware_ams.ino:110:
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:25:1: warning: "SPI_CLOCK_DIV64" redefined
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SPI/SPI.h:20:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:213,
    from firmware_ams.ino:130:
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:48:1: warning: "TIMER5A" redefined
    In file included from firmware_ams.ino:130:
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:182:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    In file included from /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:213,
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:49:1: warning: "TIMER5B" redefined
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:183:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:50:1: warning: "TIMER5C" redefined
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:184:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:200: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:109: error: after previous specification in 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:202: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:24: error: after previous specification in 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void printFeedRate()':
    firmware_ams:273: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void help()':
    firmware_ams:479: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void where()':
    firmware_ams:547: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void printConfig()':
    firmware_ams:560: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void EEPROM_writeLong(int, long int)':
    firmware_ams.ino:575: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'float EEPROM_readLong(int)':
    firmware_ams.ino:585: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void LoadConfig()':
    firmware_ams:632: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void processConfig()':
    firmware_ams.ino:775: warning: unused variable 'gg'
    firmware_ams.ino:776: warning: unused variable 'hh'
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void processCommand()':
    firmware_ams:817: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:832: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:837: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:956: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void ready()':
    firmware_ams:970: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void setup()':
    firmware_ams:991: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: At global scope:
    firmware_ams.ino:310: warning: 'void FK(float, float, float&, float&)' defined but not used
    firmware_ams.ino:182: warning: 'vely' defined but not used
    Anonymous
    Inactive

without verbose…

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    Arduino: 1.0.6 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:200: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:109: error: after previous specification in 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:202: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
    /Users/ericnyman/Documents/Arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:24: error: after previous specification in 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void printFeedRate()':
    firmware_ams:273: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void help()':
    firmware_ams:479: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void where()':
    firmware_ams:547: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void printConfig()':
    firmware_ams:560: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void LoadConfig()':
    firmware_ams:632: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void processCommand()':
    firmware_ams:817: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:832: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:837: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams:956: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void ready()':
    firmware_ams:970: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    firmware_ams.ino: In function 'void setup()':
    firmware_ams:991: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never seen these errors before in any project. Why would Arduino.h produce error messages? It’s a file created by Arduino, they know what they’re doing.

My only guess is Arduino.h is corrupt somehow. Clean reinstall of Arduino?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Odd. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on Mac and PC.

Same result.

I’ll keep trying

Anonymous
    Inactive

e3po that sounds strange. On my 1.0.6 (and this is the first time i’ve installed Arduino IDE on my PC) I do not have the file hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h
    Also my TIMER5A definition is on line 204 in my Arduino.h file, differing from your line 182 referenced. So, I’m suspecting you have two versions of Arduino IDE installed over each other or something like that. I would suggest you delete or rename the folder …Documents/Arduino and reinstall Arduino IDE 1.0.6

Your pc errors seems different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

THANKS!!
    I renamed that folder, reinstalled arduino and the libraries pertinent to the project.

I got the firmware uploaded for my board.

Now I need to get the software to recognize my “printer”.

Progress

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is anyone using “Yosemite”? I cannot get anything to happen in the Java app. The pen up/ down test does not move a (known working) servo.

I cannot even get a picture to open.

I am close I think…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you connect to the robot first?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep I did. I will keep plugging away.

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So the Makelangelo software will connect to the robot and then nothing happens. correct?

You know you’ve connected because the title of the window will change to show “Makelangelo #[your number] connected”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess it does not connect. I got the code successfully uploaded, but when I select connect and pick the only device (my robot) nothing changes.

On PC, I get the Makealangelo #0 connected, but still cannot get servo movement or anything else.

Arduino Serial Monitor on both says “HELLO WORLD ! I AM DRAWBOT #0”

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your OS?

What was your order number? (so we can check with the supplier if the board is wonky)

Is the computer connected to the robot also online?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all of your help!!

I am on OS X 10.10 and Windows 7

Yes the computers are online.

I haven’t ordered anything. I am trying to use my own arduino and motor shield v1. If I can get servo movement I will go further. I have NEMA 17 steppers and suitable power supplies. I am struggling to get the software and firmware “talking” then I will go mess with hardware.

EDIT: I have had some success.

I got the software and firmware to jive. I will hack together some rudimentary frame and see if I can draw something.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Makelangelo #791 connected

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like it!! Any advice on getting the software running on PC? I have the robot working on Mac, but my laptop is PC (Win 7).

I can draw at home, but would love to show this thing off too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Windows version should be fine on win7.
    Sounds like you might need your configure settings stored in the cloud… 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK. I have v5 for Mac and that works fine.

On PC, I have v3. I cannot find v5 for PC.

This would be fine, however if I use the firmware that was bundled with v5 on PC, it does not work. Conversely robot with firmware that was bundled with v3 won’t work on Mac (running v5).

Should I simply have arduinos programmed for the machines I am running on (I have several extra) or is there a link for v5 for PC?

THANKS!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is only one Makelangelo computer software, with a version for Mac and a version for PC.

There is a v3 firmware for RUMBA and a v2.5 for UNO.

Can you rephrase, please? I’m very confused by your last description.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK. On Mac, everything works flawlessly. I simply went to your page and downloaded the most recent version and all is well.

On PC, as soon as I open Makelangelo, it says “A new version of this software is available. The latest version is 5. Please visit http://makelangelo.com to get the new hotness.”

Also, if I upload the code from Mac, the robot is not recognized by the PC version. If I upload from PC, the robot is not recognized by the Mac version.

In Mac, if I go to the Makelangelo on the toolbar and select about, it says Makelangelo v5.

On PC, Makelangelo> About>
    it says Makelangelo V3

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.