Error 0x5 Access is denied

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Error 0x5 Access is denied

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, thanks so much for sharing your creation. I am a high school teacher, working with some students to build our own drawbot. I installed the Makelangelo GUI, but after about 4 or 5 actions (commands to move the xy positions) I get the following error in the command line terminal.

Error 0x5 at ..rxtxsrctermios.c(1313): Access is denied.

I am on a 64 bit windows 7 machine. I tried running start64.bat as administrator, but that gets me a whole new error.
    Error: Unable to access jarfile DrawbotGUI.jar

Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am also getting an RXTX Version mismatch error.

Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1
    native lib Version = RXTX-2.2-20081207 Cloudhopper Build rxtx.cloudhopper.net

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is getting weirder. If I run a gcode sample it locks up around line 16, however, if I take off one of the stepper motors it doesn’t stop until step 44. I have rewired the stepper, and had the same results. I replaced the stepper with the same results. I re-uploaded the Arduino sketch… no change. I used a different Arduino board… same results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Huh. I’m aware of the pre1/pre2 warning message. I’ve never heard of the others before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am beginning to think that it is a hardware problem. I am now attempting to run my machine on an older MacBook, and am getting another issue. Around the same amount of steps into a process I get the following error.

USB Device Unplug Notice
    The USB device has been unplugged while an application was still active. This can result in the loss of data.

The crash happens after about the same amount of time on the other computer, which leads me to think it is the same problem. At this point, the only constants that I have not been able to test are the firmware and java code itself, and the motorshield. I have swapped the arduino, the usb cable, the wall wart, the computer (and OS) that I run the software. Since nobody else seems to have this problem, I am assuming that it is an issue with my motorshield.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your motor power supply? Perhaps it is not delivering the required current, drawing too much power from the arduino, which then drops the USB connection.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are brilliant! I swapped the power supply and now it is working. Once I tweak a few things I will send you some pics of my setup. It uses mostly found materials, although I splurged on some pulleys and belts instead of bobbins and fishing line.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad it’s working. Tell your friends! I look forward to reblogging your results.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.