DIY – Makelangelo w/ramps and graphic smart controller

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot DIY – Makelangelo w/ramps and graphic smart controller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had my makelangelo running in the Arduino mega/Ramps 1.4 configuration for some time. The RepRap Display controller never worked with the makelangelo firmware though, and I really didn’t care until recently. The display does work, as I tested it with U8glib library with no problems. My question is should this just work or am I missing something? I went through every line of code and made sure nothing was commented out. I also checked the pin configuration and I believe everything is correct there as well. Anybody have any experience with this or know where I should look next?
    ~~Andrew

Dan
    Keymaster

I have a mega and a RAMPS 1.4 board… but which reprap display, specifically, are you using? url please? I want to confirm it’s the same one we use. IF it is the same then I have it here and I can test it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Until now I did not realize there were so many versions of this, and that this one appears to be some sort of knock-off version which may be part of the problem. Amazon Link. I suspect it is different than the one you have. It seems other people have gotten this one to work with Marlin or other software, so I may just need to dig up a schematic and trace the pins correctly. If I am successful, I will send along the new settings.
    ~~Andrew

halfluck
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I’ve got exactly the same LCD screen as the one linked and use the Rumba board.

Did you make any progress Andrew?

I’d love to get the SD Card up and running for untethered plotting!

Cheers Rob.

Dan
    Keymaster

Marlin firmware supports RUMBA and this LCD screen.
    I have ordered one from Amazon to experiment and it is on the way.
    The hardest part is fitting the graphics into the tiny brain of the RUMBA board.

halfluck
    Participant

Hi Dan,

That is fantastic, Happy to be a beta tester. We don’t even need the fancy graphic outputs the same info as the 20×4
    would suffice for me

Cheers Rob.

Dan
    Keymaster

I’ll give it a shot when the LCD arrives. In the mean time feel free to try and code it yourself. I accept all reasonable pull requests!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.