Distortion and vibration

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Distortion and vibration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I just built my drawbot, with Arduino Uno + Motor shield 2 + NEMA17 motors from Adafruit (https://www.adafruit.com/product/324) (200 steps per rev).
    I adjusted the size of my machine and paper, and tried to make a simple pattern playing around with X and Y +/-100 on the software

1) Lines are not straight, should some parameters be changed?
    2) The pattern is smaller than 20 cm wide/high, whereas I played with X and Y +/- 100. Is it because my motors are 200 steps/rev and the software has another value for this parameter ?

3) Also, I see a lot of vibrations on my lines :

Would you know why ?

For information, here is my pen holder (quite quick and dirty but, well, it holds the pen tight)

Thanks

Sonoff

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.marginallyclever.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-fix-9-common-polargraph-drawing-problems/

“A lot” is subjective. I get some wiggle on my lines, too. What is causing the pen tip to wiggle? The weight on the bottom? The speed?

If you set your firmware STEPS_PER_TURN to 200, it will match your motor. don’t forget to adjust your pulley size, too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PS: A+ on the query. Good pictures, lots of info. very thorough.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    Thanks, how am I supposed to do it ?
    Modify the code? If so, what java class shoud I modify ?
    thanks !

Anonymous
    Inactive

in firmware_ams.ino look for STEPS_PER_TURN. set it to the correct value for your stepper motor, then upload the code to your arduino and you should be good to go.

In the makelangelo software you can adjust pulley size. the default should be 15, the same as the pulleys i ship in every kit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.