delta v3 support

Shop Forum Everything Else delta v3 support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello I downloaded the deltav3 build files, and Im getting errors when compileing. brand new to this so any help would be welcome.I am useing the newst arduino ide. and im wondering is this code compatable with this compiler?And if not what rev of the ide should i be useing? my rumba bored hasnt come in yet so im trying to get the bugs worked out before it arrives . My next question is can a arduino mega be used instead of a rumba bored ? and thank’s for any help, And thanks for all the cool things that you do on this site it’s realy helping me and my kids spend time together.

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

In file included from C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\firmware_rumba.ino:13:0:

sketch\configuration.h:134:0: warning: “EEPROM_VERSION” redefined

#define EEPROM_VERSION 1 // Increment EEPROM_VERSION when adding new variables

^

sketch\configuration.h:17:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define EEPROM_VERSION (1) // firmware version

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:408:23: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive

#ifdef DEBUG_SWITCHES > 0

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:414:23: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:421:23: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino: In function ‘void robot_where()’:

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:388:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

output(“X”,offset_pos.x);

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:389:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

output(“Y”,offset_pos.y);

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:390:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

output(“Z”,offset_pos.z);

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:391:23: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

output(“F”,feed_rate);

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:392:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]

output(“A”,acceleration);

^

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino: In function ‘deltarobot_setup’:

deltarobot:72: error: unable to find a register to spill in class ‘POINTER_REGS’

}

^

deltarobot:72: error: this is the insn:

(insn 90 89 91 3 (set (reg:HI 26 r26)

(reg:HI 79 [ ivtmp.252 ])) C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:54 83 {*movhi}

(nil))

C:\Users\jcrowe\Desktop\DELTA 3 FIRM WARE\MarginallyClever-Delta-Robot-v3-firmware-db66ef5\arduino\firmware_rumba\deltarobot.ino:72: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

lto-wrapper: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: lto-wrapper failed

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
    unable to find a register to spill in class ‘POINTER_REGS’

This report would have more information with
    “Show verbose output during compilation”
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Dan
    Keymaster

I have just updated the master branch of the code to include fixes.
    Earlier versions of arduino IDE had no problem compiling because they were less strict.
    Later versions are not quite so forgiving.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello and thanks for the up dated firmware! S when i open my serial port moniter im getting some thing other than english?
    Any one have any idea to what may be causeing this ?

ÿÿ¸$¤0&tüAÖ‚é
    ÚÑZÓ­]Vp›‘ª’j�î”ââzÁÈ@�FFaF�‰ícíô ÿùýòùùùùóùòóùòùùùùóùýùùùùùùóùòóùùùóùòóùòùùùùóùýòùùùùùóùòóùùùóùòóùòòùýùùùùòóùùùùóùùóùýùùùùóùòòùýùùùùòóùùýùùùùóùòóùýùùùùóùòùùùùòóùùýù

the o,y,u are printing to the scrren the other is there after the rumba connects.

Anonymous
    Inactive

And im i correct in thinking i can enter g code thru the arduino ide and move these motors?

Anonymous
    Inactive

So i have the baud rate set correctly now if i enter M100 should the help message pop up? if so it is not ?

Dan
    Keymaster

make sure newline is a chosen setting in the serial window, and the baud rate is correct. without newline hitting send or enter does nothing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.