Couple of questions

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Couple of questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a couple of questions regarding the Makelangelo. If these have been answered elsewhere, I am sorry. I tried searching the forums and either got too many responses (and therefore none) or could not find any results where these questions were being addressed. If they are elsewhere, please refer me to those articles.

My first question regards the software. I noticed the Configure Limits screen is listed in millimeters, but the Configure Bobbins is in centimeters. Why the difference? I also noticed that in reality the numbers for bobbins (at least on what I think is the latest 64 bit Windows version) the actual amount/unit of measure that _should_ be entered is millimeters. Had the pen go off the side of my board a few times before I caught that.

The second question regards the newest version (laser cut birch) of the pen holder. I notice it is no longer listed as being for sale separately. Will it come back?

I have purchased motors, power supply, and bobbins from the site but built everything else myself. My attempts at building pen holders are not nearly so elegant as yours. I’d like to purchase separately if possible, but will soldier on with my own attempts if that is not possible.

Thanks!

Jim Wink

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a good question. I don’t know why I listed one in cm and one in mm. I’ll change it in the next release to be more consistent.

Let me see if I understand: it says “cm”, it should say “mm”, and it is actually expecting “mm”?

My web store leaves a lot to be desired. Among other things, it automatically removes a listing when the inventory reaches zero instead of just saying “out of stock”. I just listed it again and I’m going to make a few sets right now.

I look forward to pictures or video of your machine. I love to blog that stuff 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correct – the label on the software reads “cm” when it should read “mm”. And it does indeed seem to accept mm.

I saw that the pen holder is now available on the online catalog. I’ve placed and order for one along with some replacement bobbins.

As for photos of my setup, I posted my story so far on my blog here: http://winkmake.blogspot.com/2013/09/makelangelo.html

Thanks for the responses and, as always, your awesome creation! I’ve been enjoying my Makelangelo immensely!

Regards,

Jim Wink

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.