Cannot access learning page for stewart platform v2 construction

Shop Forum Stewart/Gough Platforms Cannot access learning page for stewart platform v2 construction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am a student working on a stewart platform project. I have laser-cut the components and assembled the stewart platform, but when I looked for documentation on the electrical wiring, I was directed to this page, which appears to be defunct: http://learn.marginallyclever.com/index.php/Stewart_Platform_2

I located the text content on the internet archive’s wayback machine, and this has been somewhat helpful, but for the electrical hookups to the Rumba board a diagram would be very helpful, and the wayback machine archive of the page does not have these images.

Is there another product I should have purchased to get this information?

Thank you,

-LW

Dan
    Keymaster

the six motors are arranged counter-clockwise. the first and second motors are on the same shared face.

the limit switches match the order of the motors, with X- next to the 1st motor and Z+ next to the 6th.

Does that help?

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks for this. I have been using the code as a starting point for my stewart platform that uses linear (screw-driven) drives. It took me a while to find this reference, as all of the instructions point to the same place, which happens to be 404. Thanks for posting your code, and doing so much for the robotic community!

Dan
    Keymaster

Pictures! I need video! OMG I want to see your platform so bad rn.

This will make sense in a minute: the gf and I went to costa rica and when she got back found a roach had stowed away in her luggage. she keeps it in a box and calls it Carlos. Carlos has a head that’s mounted under the top shell. It extends downward and out like it’s on a very flexible stewart platform. So I’ve been wondering about making a rover in the same way. End of story.

Kevin
    Participant

?

Dan
    Keymaster
    Kevin
    Participant

Thanks. Not much to show with videos yet – still wiring things up. More than a little frustrated with the driver chips. I have bought more than a dozen now, and I have two that actually work out of the lot. The entire batch of TMC2208 chips I got today, not a single one worked. The platform I am making is quite huge – a project I was hoping to use to show scouts some engineering skills – now a year later, and quite frankly all due to problems with getting a stepper motor to work with a rumba board.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.