Build a Reprep 3D printer ?

Shop Forum Everything Else Build a Reprep 3D printer ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m new to Vancouver and to robotics and wanted to see if any of you guys could help me out. I’m thinking of building a 3D printer and found this kit to do that, I’ve been messing around with Arduino and I think I can make it. I would only need the shell parts and some help figuring out how to assemble it correctly. Do you know if that kit can be used with any of this versions?

Thanks!

Dan
    Keymaster

Hi!

Saturday mornings at the Vancouver Hack Space (1715 Cook Street) are the 3D printer group. They build, fine tune, discuss, and print. The perfect place to get all your answers at once. Many are Marginally Clever customers, and we support them with products and technical help.

Officially they are there 11:00-13:00. This morning I am there from 09:30, in case you want to come early.

See you there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, I’ll be there a bit before 12. I thought you had to be a member of the Hack Space in order to receive help from them but I don’t have the budget to be paying for a club subscription.
    Thanks

Dan
    Keymaster

No need. Ask for Dan, Steve, or Kevin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Eirikra,

I was the person you spoke to at the Hackspace Saturday.
    The link to have to the kit on ebay is only the electronics, no motors, heat-bed, extruder, hot-end or frame.
    You could find the same thing cheaper on Aliexpress – http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160214102346&SearchText=arduino+ramps+kit though it is hit and miss as far as quality of these things are coming from China.
    You are certainly welcome to come down to the hackspace on Tuesdays open house or the Saturday 3D printer meet.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.