Aspect ratio of drawing incorrect

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Aspect ratio of drawing incorrect

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Bachman
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got a new Makelangelo 5. First test I did was a circle generated as an svg file from a drawing program. Importing in to the Makelangelo software displayed it as a perfect circle on screen. Printing (on US Letter paper) gave me an ellipse with width > height.

Also, I’ve seen a few posts here from people having trouble establishing a connection to their machine. You can add me to those people. I’m on the current version of Mac OS (Catalina), and when I hit “connect” form the software I get no options. I’ve had to do my initial test prints from an SD card.

Thanks!
    Dave

Dan
    Keymaster

Hello!

Sorry for the mistake not getting back to you. I am spread a little thing these days.

…does your makelangelo connect to windows computers? I used to run it from my macbook and it always seemed fine. I seem to remember macs would block connections from serial in their security settings.

Does this help? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12866572/rxtx-on-mac-serial-port-already-in-use

In order to better diagnose what’s going on with yoru robot i’m going to write some code into makelangelo-software that dumps all the robot settings to a file. Then that report can be used to solve your oval with less back-and-forth. Project for the day!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.