Arduino Delta Robot Software issue

Shop Forum Everything Else Arduino Delta Robot Software issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I am making the delta robot V1 off of thingiverse for use in my 4th year digital control class. I downloaded the software from github and tossed the ik folder in my sketches. When I try to verify the code I get the following error.

ik:208 error: ‘BACKWARDS’ was not declared in this scope

line 208 has BACKWARDS.Normalize(); and I can’t find any reference to BACKWARDS anywhere. Am I missing a library?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oops. Looks like the last time I checked it in I might have been a little overzealous with the find/replace.

Lines 208 and 209 could look like this:

Vector3 BACKWARDS(-ortho.y,ortho.x,0);
    BACKWARDS.Normalize();

…and that should fix the issue. I just made commit #15 to the github project that fixes the typo. Let me know if that doesn’t help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Worked great, thanks.
    One other little ‘gottcha’ that I solved, for anyone else searching this post.

On my first runs, the interpreter would only process the first command after booting. After that it would echo the command but not process it. After a little digging in the code, I realized there must be hidden text remaining in the buffer.

Solution: make sure that your serial window in arduino is set to ‘no line ending’.

Thanks for the code and the quick response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.