Home position and calibration of Makelangelo 2.5

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Home position and calibration of Makelangelo 2.5

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m getting started with the Makelangelo 2.5 drawbot, and I’m having difficult setting up the home position and calibration — it’s very inconsistent and erratic. Are there any guidelines for calibrating the initial set up?

Thanks, Chris

Dan
    Keymaster

“m4 calibration.pdf” is included in the download zip file. Print it without scaling.
    Position the paper at the top center of the board.
    Move the pen holder until it matches the outline of the pen holder on the paper.
    Set Home.

Done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry I don’t see the “m4 calibration.pdf.” There was no attachment.

Also, an item comes up in the “calibration” search with this broken link:

Click to access m4%20calibration.pdf

–Chris

Dan
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, if I’m being obtuse, but I still can’t resolve the proper registration and calibration issues. I’m not sure where to position the “top center of the machine.” I have placed the calibration diagram sheet with the top aligned to the center point of the board. Still, the drawing area tends to gravitate even lower — I can not manually raise the pen higher than about 100-200 mm below the center point. Here’s a picture of my set up:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8y4sTNbZClvN0lWQS1JTG1mb1k

Thanks, –Chris

Dan
    Keymaster
    patrick91
    Participant

Hy Dan,

how to set the home of a custom makelangelo?

i tried to set the home to the bottom of the machine height (as shown in the software) but its not correct.

whats the math behind it?

Dan
    Keymaster

@patrick91 please list your steps, with pics if necessary, and describe what you expect and what you get exactly. Then I have enough info to figure out what’s going on. Your machine dimensions might also help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.