Recommended Makelangelo 5 settings, calibration

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Recommended Makelangelo 5 settings, calibration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

Here are the settings I like the most. Please let me know what version of Makelangelo software you are running and the *very first* default settings you see when you connect the robot.

top speed=9000
    drawing speed=6500
    acceleration=2500
    lift delay=300
    pen diameter=0.8

and in the advanced dialog (at the bottom of the app) sending D7 should say something close to

D8 R101.1 L101.1

This number tells the robot how much belt to pull to get the pen holder back to the home position after hitting the limit switches. It can be adjusted by sending

D7 R[right length, cm] L[left length, cm]

Very small changes are all that are needed – less than 0.1 is often enough. If you tweak these numbers for improved results, you must send D9 to save the changes in the robot’s brain. If you disconnect power without D9, the numbers will reset to their previous value.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How can you send this information to the robot.
    I have made the M5 and my belt is not quite 2m and the default settings says its 2m.. mine is 1.8m… where can i change this to reflect the correct value.

cheers

Dan
    Keymaster

@fishingincarns – in the Makelangelo software, connect to the robot and then click “settings”. You should be able to adjust many values from there.

Also by sending commands directly to the robot you can use R* commands to adjust belt length. This is not easy to do because M5s are not normally done by anyone except us, so we didn’t invest time making it easy for everyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So i did the lengths of my homing position and the correct way of typing it i found was

D7 R101 L101

and it worked fine

D9 To save it and it worked fine

cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.