Problems starting Makelangelo in Linux with OpenJdk 11

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Problems starting Makelangelo in Linux with OpenJdk 11

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Navegator
    Participant

Hello I’m trying to run Makelangelo 7.20.1 on an Ubuntu Linux with Openjdk11, and when executing the .jar I recieve this error message:

ian@Sanguijuela:/leechz/Librerias_Arduino/Makelangelo$ java -jar Makelangelo-7.20.1-with-dependencies.jar
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    java.io.tmpdir=/tmp/
    X11Util.Display: Shutdown (JVM shutdown: true, open (no close attempt): 1/1, reusable (open, marked uncloseable): 0, pending (open in creation order): 1)
    X11Util: Open X11 Display Connections: 1
    X11Util: Open[0]: NamedX11Display[:0, 0x7fee884b7080, refCount 1, unCloseable false]
    ian@Sanguijuela:/leechz/Librerias_Arduino/Makelangelo$ java -jar Makelangelo-7.20.1-with-dependencies.jar
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    java.io.tmpdir=/tmp/
    WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (file:/home/ian/leechz/Librerias_Arduino/Makelangelo/Makelangelo-7.20.1-with-dependencies.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
    WARNING: Use –illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
    Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)’ failed!

The java version shows this:
    ian@Sanguijuela:~/leechz/Librerias_Arduino/Makelangelo$ java -version
    openjdk version “11.0.3” 2019-04-16
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.3+7-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.1)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.3+7-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.1, mixed mode, sharing)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Dan
    Keymaster

Eh… Fair warning, I have never run the app on linux.
    From the error message it seems that OpenGL is failing for reasons that aren’t clear to me.
    You are running X11… Do you have the opengl drivers installed for your device?

I googled “Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)’ failed!”
    and found a thread where someone is saying they have problems with JDK11, too.
    Maybe try Java 8? https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/java-edition-support/2931149-cant-launch-on-ubuntu-18-10

maytegarcia
    Participant

Nice

Dan
    Keymaster

Following instructions here I was able to install Java 8 and run Makelangelo.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-java-with-apt-on-ubuntu-18-04

I used the command line and ran the following:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-i386/jre/bin/java -jar Makelangelo-7.20.1-with-dependencies.jar

You may find that the path name is “java-8-openjdk-amd64” instead of “java-8-openjdk-i386”. It depends on the processor in your computer.

Does that help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.