No "click to continue" menu

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot No "click to continue" menu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tan
    Participant

Hi,

makelangelo asks me to click to continue bu no menu appears
    tried everything
    here is the code

thanks in advance

M110 N0
    N0 G90*16
    N1 M117 Change to Layer 1 Click to continue*30
    N2 M300 S60 P250*16
    N3 M226*38

halfluck
    Participant

Hello Tan,

What LCD is it, the 2004? Also what Conteller (RAMPS, RUMBA?)

I just added a LCD to my Makeangelo Clone and noticed this as well, so thought I should check here for answers.

With mine, I clicked print then it went blank on the LCD and I could bring up a menu that had resume/stop/something else.
    I clicked resume and it started but my pen didnt go down.

So far I only got it to plot via SD Card by removing some starting lines ==>

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZT5l8UU.jpg[/img]

I’m also cutious how you pen up from the LCD manually and How you send the Page Size at the start etc like the Java App Does?

Cheers Rob.

halfluck
    Participant

gocde

halfluck
    Participant

@Tan Mavitan You also might want to grab the latest firmware from github, there has been some fixes for screen draw on the LCD.

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

I wonder if this is for Makelangelo 5?
    I find that I have to move from the computer to the Makealngelo board and “click” in the button (same as navigating the LCD menu) to get things going.

Dan
    Keymaster

That’s by design. People wanted to run without using the PC and I still needed a way to say “prepare the pen and click to continue”, especially if they were running a CMYK drawing.

Tan
    Participant

thank you all..
    I was desperate that day because I was in a hurry to complete a piece of work. That is why I wrote to forum before checking everything..

1. I have removed my LCD because it makes it harder to carry my makelangelo around. As far as I remember “click to continue” button used appear on earlier versions of makelangelo software on computer. (maybe a checkbox for “LCD availability” in software settings can be helpful)
    2. my board is RUMBA
    3. my quick solution was starting from line 10 :}
    4. it is good to know that checking color scheme is important, although I mostly work with single color.

thanks again.

Dan
    Keymaster

please show the finished piece!

Dan
    Keymaster

Testing has found M06 tool change includes a pause command. Now that we have an explicit beep command and an explicit pause command, this is not required AND it’s invisible to the user. Oops. Removed the pause.

There’s definitely more bugs in M117 and M226. I’m still working on it.

Dan
    Keymaster

A day and a half of work… I think I am making progress. The M117 works better and the pauses happen when they should.
    Unfortunately the rewrite makes the LCD much much slower for reasons I don’t get yet.

Is there anyone who is willing to grab the development version and try it out?

halfluck
    Participant

Damn! That’s a lot of head scratching. I have some time today to try it out

Cheers Rob.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.