Makelangelo, CoreXY, and AxiDraw\4xiDraw

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo, CoreXY, and AxiDraw\4xiDraw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    birrelln
    Participant

Toying with the idea of a drawing bot like the AxiDraw\4xiDraw (side note: Miguel Sanchez is mentioned in the Makelangelo 6 discussion – same guy?) using a RAMPS board and the Makelangelo firmware. Looking at a similar belt path to the 4xiDraw which I believe is CoreXYish. Anybody tried anything similar using the Makelangelo firmware and software?

-Nate

Dan
    Keymaster

same guy as who?

RAMPS is a supported board. Both traditional XY and CoreXY systems are supported in the Makelangelo firmware. So in theory everything is in place, and all you need to do is put the hardware together.

birrelln
    Participant

Dan,

In the Makelangelo 6 thread (https://www.marginallyclever.com/forums/topic/open-source-makelangelo-6-discussion/) you mention Miguel Sanchez and the Wemos CNCShield stuff. I believe he is the same guy who made the 4XiDraw but it used GRBL. My attempt is going to use v-slot rail and wheels and Makelangelo.

Need to finish my Zarplotter and then gather the parts for this thing to give it a go.

Thanks for the great work you do!

-Nate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.