DWG for motors/board/suction cup mount

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot DWG for motors/board/suction cup mount

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan
    I have a CNC at home and would like to make my own top board like the one you sell in your v5. Do you have the dwg for sale? Or do you have the boards for sale? Or at least a pdf so I can redraw it to mount the motors and suction cups on? I am interested in setting this up at mu son’s school or the school my wife works in.
    Curt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Curt,
    You dont need to use a CNC to make the M5. I used some MDF and worked out where the motors needed to go, That’s the important part.
    There are some Limit switches under the board for the self homing function.
    I Got some Suction cups from my local fabric shop which i can show you if you want and then i made some holes where they should go.

If you would like shot me an email and i will send you pictures of my build.

Cheers buddy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mr. Fishingincairns
    I sent you a message with my email and would like to see a few photos.
    Curt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Curt,
    Here are some pictures of my makelangelo 5

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FNEiAVfjlBlYvUPc2

They dont have any measurements but the only measurement you really need is the distane between the Steppers. everything else just needs to sit on the board somehwere.

hope it helps

Anonymous
    Inactive

suction cups i got from

https://www.spotlightstores.com/bath/bathroom-storage/shelves-hooks-rails/naleon-super-suction-hooks/p/BP80007090

the Steppers from EBAY,
    the Rumba i got from NP3D.com.au

the Gondola i got from http://www.thingiverse.com

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:798076

everything else you can find online somewhere….

Good luck and please ask if you need some more guidance.

Dan
    Keymaster

Why did you put the suction cups there? I wonder what that does for vibration.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. I printed the same parts from Thingiverse and they seem to work great. I like your set up and may end up duplicating it.
    Thanks again for sharing

Anonymous
    Inactive

The suction cups Dan are rated for 3kg each, so there is an large amount of hold on the 9mm MDF board. the board doesnt vibrate at all. its been hanging for 2 weeks with out an issue.
    I was worried about the vibration but its solid as a rock.

cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Curt,
    Thanks for the feed back. its a pretty simple design. I jsut got my LCD screen from Ebay also so i am going to mount that this week. Its going to be completely headless.

Good luck on your build and keep sharing,
    would love to see any updates.
    Cheers

Dan
    Keymaster

This is great, I love that people are talking in the forums. I don’t know how to get more traction here and it makes me feel fantastic.

You guys seem like real DIYers, so let me ask: how would you feel if MC, instead of releasing finished robots and letting you reverse-engineer everything, instead published all our work as it happens and gave Patreon supporters access to the pre-release design files? Maybe even a say in which robot was improved next? That way you could DIY along with me. I’d just build one of something awesome, release the plans to patreon users, and offer the finished robot to those people who just want a machine (non-DIYers)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dan,
    Look what you say sounds pretty good, I am happy to help anyone that needs the extra support. I must be honest when i took on this challenge of remaking your Makelangelo 5 i was almost ready to give up several times. But.. studying your photo on your website really helped. I am going to try and make a folder with all angles photos so that people can see where things go and how its wired up.. but a huge thanks to you DAN for your support.. i know i have hassled you heaps but its been all worth it in the end. My class love looking and watching the M5 draw.
    I am keen to see how we can make it multi coloured. that would take it to a whole new level.

I saw you have done some coloured drawings on Instagram.
    How did you do that?

cheers

PS here is a link of my FINISHED M5

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FMM2AEuIRQrxFQiU2

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jack
    Thanks for sharing everything and I have to agree that it took me way to long to be comfortable with my setup and I am still not all the way there. From the little things of the size of stepper motor (I have a bunch of the larger 1+ amp units for my 3D printer and DIY MPCNC), the motor driver to wiring the motors. I have made a career of writing and troubleshooting industrial control systems and this little thing was a real challenge.

Dan
    I really like the idea of the DIY setup and I think you would get more traffic and more business if you went that route. Take a look at the Mostly Printed CNC (MPCNC) forum and see what Ryan has done and from what he has said he quit his day job and this is his full time job now. The forum there is very active and the community does a great job of helping each other. Keep up the great work and we will keep doing our part of DIY’g things.

Curt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.