Can't find my way home – Calibrating a custom machine

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Can't find my way home – Calibrating a custom machine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jamesmherndon
    Participant

I finally got my custom machine up and running on ramps, well things are moving, but everything seems wonky. What I’m having troubles with is understanding how to calibrate everything.

When I click “find home” my gondola drops but when my weights hit the limit switches they only return by aprox 2-3cm and the home point is recorded as X283, Y0
    Is there a good guide or post on calibrating a custom machine with custom belt lengths? Side note, is there a way to easily search this forum?
    Thanks!

Dan
    Keymaster

Open arduino serial window connected to robot.
    Manually position pen holder at the home position.
    Send “D12” to robot. Robot will move until switches are hit, record distance, return to home position.
    From now on you should be able to G28 and get there automatically.

Does that help?

jamesmherndon
    Participant

Thanks Dan, that didn’t seem to change anything, but I probably did something incorrectly. I decided the switches weren’t worth the effort, I decided to remove them and make my machine think it’s a 3 instead of a 5 and home manually for now. So far it is working well! I appreciate your help and your design!
    mona lisa diy makelangelo

Dan
    Keymaster

nice!

I see I made a typo in the previous message to you. It should have been D11. D11 has no effect when the code is compiled as a v3.

If you’re feeling brave try the developer version of the makelangelo firmware. I’ve just updated it with new motion code that’s faster and smoother.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.