• richyrich140db2000
    April 5, 2019 at 22:04 #22282

Hello everyone,

I’m having some difficulty getting the hardware to work correctly.
    Only one acces / motor is responding and I’m not getting any information on the smart lcd screen,

So per the title question I have, does the Arduino firmware work with mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 ?

Or would I be better off getting s ramps board?

Tan
    April 14, 2019 at 08:17 #22997

hi @richyrich140db2000

I am also trying to build one with ramps board for sometime. finally managed to work it (almost)
    problems I have encountered:
    power problems:
    I have tired different power suplies. finally got it working with 12V 5A power supply / quite not sure with wiring though… just using 11A sockets for now

jumpers
    it took me couple of days to realize that I have did not put jumpers under one of the motor drives. (motor was just vibrating)
    also in order to power servo, I have to put a jumper to 5a/vcc slots (they moved it to a different place on different ramps versions (also took 2 days to find)
    and I am using a big servo / I think it requires more power and causing problems (I will try a micro servo)

LCD was not working / first it was due to power&usb cable problem, and later because of using wrong sockets ( I am using the original LCD Dan sent)
    I still cannot drive motors with LCD..

arduino:
    my mega is cheap chinese model, it is not working with mac, I managed to upload the firmware with mac but makelangelo software never sees it on mac 🙁
    also have problems with usb cables…
    also in my first attempt I burnt my ramps MOSFET’s

right now I am dealing with

now motors are working / although moves up instead of down / but I think there is solution somewere on the forum
    and motors are moving faster!!! instead of 1cm they move ~3cm

hope this helps

Dan
    April 15, 2019 at 14:11 #23003

>although moves up instead of down

with power off, reverse the connection. if the wires are rgby, make them ybgr.

> motors are moving faster!!! instead of 1cm they move ~3cm

probably still missing a jumper under a driver. all three jumpers should be on for 1/16th microstepping. if your board somehow supports 1/32… then you have to adjust.

bulp
    April 17, 2019 at 19:46 #23021

im been using Arduino Mega Board with RAMPS 1.4 with cheap or clone Futaba S3003 servo motor since September 2017… its work flawlessly till Jun 2018 as the Futaba stop working randomly after 1 hour or less.. id bought so many Futaba & even upgrade the makelangelo firmware still the new Futaba stop working after 3 hours.. maybe there is some sort of electrical short from Futaba to RAMPS board since there is some glitch or when that servo motor connected to RAMPS the whole system when hang!.. LCD cant display properly etc… it when good after id disconnected that servo motor..

i did try it using few new Arduino Mega (CHina Clone) & the problems still arise…

now im trying to use MKS BOARD V1.4 to see if the board really good handling Servo Motor connection (power distribution or PWM etc).

richyrich140db2000
    April 17, 2019 at 21:47 #23022

Thank you for the reply’s

I’m glad to hear that it can and should work, so now I just need some help.

Question for you Bulp, could you share your config sketch file ?

I believe somewhere in the config file something is missing.

Thanks again for the reply’s and any help you can give,

bulp
    April 18, 2019 at 04:59 #23025

Hi richyrich140db2000, i do believe that the latest firmware didnt tweak very well for smartcontroller LCD as per firmware before Jun 2018 that really work well with SmartController that have built in SD Card.

apparently i do get prompt with command that need to enter from smartcontroller.. id try to disable to define has LCD & SD from firmware but still the command appear.

id just define the type of polargraph & using RAMPS, thats it.. other than the LCD problem im still waiting for Dan to fix it.

Dan
    April 18, 2019 at 11:23 #23029

It is not clear to me what is your LCD problem. Please list the steps to reproduce it. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved and you'll be given a link. You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your Cart at any time.
Back Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved with Product pictures and information, and Cart Totals. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time.
Your cart email sent successfully :)