Arduino Is Not Working Anymore

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Arduino Is Not Working Anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Dan,

Our last conversation was about how my Arduino board might not be working properly, so I took the motorshield off of the arduino and tried connecting a Membrane Switch Module to the arduino. In case you did not know, I purchased an Elegoo starters kit for the arduino, so it is not an arduino uno, it is a mega 2560 with Elegoo printed on it. Anyways, I started to run the Membrane Switch Module with the code, and it took a bit of time. I was worried that my arduino is really “broken” in a way. I’m not really sure. So at the end, I unfortunately got an error code that says this:

avrdude: ser_open(): can’t set com-state for “\\.\COM9”
    avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
    avrdude: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port
    avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The parameter is incorrect.

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
    the selected serial port avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
    does not exist or your board is not connected

My arudino is connected to COM 9 at this error.

I changed ports and connected my arduino to COM 3 and this is the error I get:

Sketch uses 3684 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
    Global variables use 333 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7859 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

avrdude: stk500v2_setparm(): failed to set parameter 0x9e
    avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0xc8
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x01
    avrdude: stk500v2_disable(): failed to leave programming mode
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I used COM 5 and this is the error I got:

Global variables use 333 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7859 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Lastly, this is the error I got for COM 7:

So can you please tell me what is wrong with my board? Thanks A Lot!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

Actually, the first thing I would suspect is your USB cable. it says your PC can’t talk to your Arduino.

From the sound of things you’ve made a number of changes, including parts with which we are unfamiliar. Try uploading to just a regular Arduino. if that works, then add one part back on, and so on until you find the one that causes the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So today, I took your advice and connected a bare Arduino Mega 2560 to the USB cable to my PC. Then I opened the RUMBA firmware arduino page. Then I ran the upload. I got an error, and this is what it said:

C:\Users\Hanan\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp3_MarginallyClever-Makelangelo-firmware-7.11.0-0-g83d73a2.zip\MarginallyClever-Makelangelo-firmware-83d73a2\makelangeloFirmwareRumba\makelangeloFirmwareRumba.ino:17:21: fatal error: Vector3.h: No such file or directory

#include “Vector3.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Actually, at first, it said fatal error : configure. h. But then, an update showed up at the bottom of the arduino page screen and it said that there were updates for my board and for my libraries. I clicked on boards and I updated the library, i think it was a library. Then when I uploaded it again, it said fatal error: vector h. Thanks so much!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

I had this problem recently. Vector3.h was in the same folder as the main .ino file, but it still wouldn’t compile. I had to reinstall arduino and then it was fine. 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive

I uninstalled then installed Arduino 1.8.4. And I also deleted and then downloaded the makelangelo firmware again. I try to run the arduino firmware RUMBA and I made sure all the tool settings are correct but I still get the same error except this time it was for configure h and not for vector 3. I don’t know what to do anymore and I’m losing a lot of hope that I can complete this project that I really wanted to do. Please help! Thanks!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

Well… it doesn’t look like a hardware problem. I’d try asking the Arduino software people if they know what’s going on. https://forum.arduino.cc/

After you solve this challenge, there will be another, and another. That’s how building things goes. If it was easy it wouldn’t be any fun 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.