A plotter for vertical drawing

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot A plotter for vertical drawing

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

Arduino mega 2560 + RAMPs shield should work.

Open the Makelangelo firmware with Arduino App.
    Navigate to configure.h
    change #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RUMBA to #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS
    An LCD panel is expected. You may have to add

#undef HAS_LCD
    #undef HAS_SD

if you do not have the LCD panel.
    Then use the app to compile & upload the code to your mega.

Joyer
    Participant

Hello everyone on the forum.

I am a painter and I want to make a new graphic design. I saw on YouTube a plotter for vertical drawing on the wall. My friend tried to configure him, but he failed. Who can tell me how to configure it? Where to download a properly running program and where to find libraries that will not contain errors in the code and will work in one of the options, Arduino uno or Arduino mega.
    I tried
    Arduino uno + Adafruit Motor Shield 1
    https://www.instructables.com/id/XY-Plotter-Drawing-Robot-Arduino-Polargraph/
    Arduino uno + CNC Shield V3 .0
    https://www.reprap-france.com/article/realisez-vous-meme-un-drawbot-scriboo
    I have now bought the Arduino mega 2560 + 1.4, but I do not know how to install the program to run.
    Thank you in advance for all your help (maybe someone on the forum has a step-by-step tutorial)

Joyer
    Participant

Dan, thank you for informations., Where I can download? Is it?
    Makelangelo firmware /board_ramps.h
    https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-firmware/blob/master/board_ramps.h

Dan
    Keymaster

https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-firmware/releases/

Get the latest onto your machine. then follow the previously mentioned steps.

Joyer
    Participant

Hello, Dan, I do not have any installation program.
    Can you sell me only software – the latest version?

Dan
    Keymaster

maybe this tutorial will help: https://mcr.dozuki.com/Guide/How+to+update+Makelangelo+firmware/4?lang=en
    Remember to change configure.h before you upload the code.

Joyer
    Participant

Makelangelo firmware (v9.0.1) Makelangelo software (v7.20.1) – I understand, it is all what I need. Thank you for info, when you answer me, I will go to your webpage for order with a voluntary donation. Thank you onesmore.

Joyer
    Participant

Dan, thank you so much for helping and Makelangelo firmware (v9.0.1) Makelangelo software (v7.20.1). Now I start with instalation and trying. What Arduino version the best for instalation?

Dan
    Keymaster

Joyer, I would recommend an Arduino Mega. We build our machines with the RUMBA board which is a mega + ramps shield merged into a single PCB.

Joyer
    Participant

Thank you Dan, but I asked, which version of Arduino will be the most compatible with your software Marginally Clever-Makelangelo-9.0.1

Joyer
    Participant

Hello Dan,
     I have a problem with my properly working Makelangelo
      and I have questions for you
    can you help because I don’t know what to do?
    1. After entering the sub-menu of the SD card, the subtitles are displayed only when the encoder is moved, but only for 0.5 sec (like blinking), then appear and disappear.
    2. On the submenu from SD Card – the program can sometimes hang – complitly stop.
      Where should I look for errors?
    3. The gondola always draws a picture inverted by 90 degrees. I am preparing a draw in the program on a computer (standard horizontal subtitles), saving it to an SD card. I start drawing on the device and it prints with a 90 degree shift to the right.
    I tried to change the engines for the cross, but the image is still inverted by 90 degrees and is also a mirror image.

4. Encoder problem. The encoder works almost normally on the main menu, but with entry to any submenu must do a lot of arounding to jump down one checkbox. Go to up there is not such problem.

Dan
    Keymaster

> I have a problem with my properly working Makelangelo

What you have is a DIY polargraph, not a Makelangelo. We test all our machine before they ship.

3) one motor is turning backwards. With power off, reverse the wires for the right motor. if that’s the wrong one, the image will appear upside down and backwards. if it is the correct one the image will be right way up.

124) Get the latest version of the firmware from github:
    https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-firmware/tree/dev
    I’ve made improvements to the menus that should make the menus more responsive.

Joyer
    Participant

Dan, I need help again.
    1 / I still have problem with the encoder in my Arduino Mega 2560 board with ramps 1.4.
    (LCD 128X64 Full Graphic Smart LCD Controller Sd card)
    If I want to go to the next item I have to click two or three times for it to work. Clicking once doesn’t work.

2 / When the pen draws and must go up over the paper, there is a loss of communication with the program.

Dan
    Keymaster

1. what about a long click?

2. “up over the paper”? what kind of loss – does the machine reboot or does a cable disconnect?

Dan
    Keymaster

“BADCHECKSUM 12” means the 12th instruction (the line starting N12) was not received correctly. Checksums prevent corrupted messages that do weird things. It’s not too bad when the 3rd decimal place is lost. It’s awful when the entire decimal place is lost.

David.Rocha
    Participant

Each time the drawing starts this failure message appears:

N 12 G00 X-113,625 Y-23,109; * 43
    BADCHECKSUM 12

And sometimes the pen goes to far points and back to the point where it was drawing.

Does anyone know how to solve?

Joyer
    Participant

1/ I will check a long click.
    2/ during drawing when START to WORK THE SERVOMOTOR and pen is up and down the program is off . The cables are ok.

Dan
    Keymaster

2. so when the servo moves, the machine reboots? That’s weird.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.