Makelangelo software 7.2.2-alpha

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo software 7.2.2-alpha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo/releases/tag/7.2.2-alpha

Should fix dependency issues.
    Slightly more details in the register panel, tho it still doesn’t do anything.
    That means turning off signature not there yet.

Please post your feedback and issues in this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Maybe closer

Renamed Makelangelo-v7.2.2-alpha-with-dependencies.jar to Makelangelo.jar
    run bat file
    jpg of board pops up then closes

1. I tried a win7 64 bit OS running 64 bit Java. Then bat file can’t find java
    2. I tried a Win7 64 bit OS running 32 bit Java. Get the following error
    3. I tried a Win7 32 bit OS running 32 bit Java. Also following error

This is the error I get renaming Makelangelo-v7.2.2-alpha.jar to Makelangelo.jar and running

I hope I can get this to work. I saw a post about v6 should I try that if still available?

Thanks again

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, please try it. I’m on my phone, I don’t have a link handy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I googled it and cannot find v6
    if you could send me the link when your in the office
    https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo/releases only goes back to v7.0

Thanks

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

I tried a clean install this morning with what looks like a new version (one hour ago at github)
    Arduino still has compiling error of firmware_ams ino
    Picture and language preference window open. Then goes blank.

Screen shot of Command Prompt message with @pause command inserted
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzmn5pYsAKsWU0VRNmZDSm8xcGc/view?usp=sharing

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

The second update of the day resolved the compiling error of the firmware_ams ino file. (Yipee!)

Makelangelo software still doesn’t open. No picture or language preference. Jar file doesn’t open it either. Error code begins with
    AWT event queue 0

Screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzmn5pYsAKsWT2hKSl9vZkZicFE/view?usp=sharing

Will try on my Win 8 machine and update
    Update- Similar results This time, the picture and language preferences do not open.
    Screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzmn5pYsAKsWcG8xWm5ZRUg0N2M/view?usp=sharing

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

WWWWOOOOOWWWW
    The interface looks so fantastic, and has a cool shadow of the hanging pulleys.
    On a new machine-
    I have the updated firmware installed. Using Arduino 1.6.5
    Makelangelo 7.2.2 opens beautifully. (Hence my enthusiastic remarks)
    The Com Port hangs- the log says the port is opening but there is no result, and no hello world message.
    Edit- I think I renamed the Makelangelo file with a .jar extension which helped it to open.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You have 7.2.2 working? I cannot get it to work I have changed the Makelangelo file with dependencies to makelangelo.jar starts up with pic of machine then poof gone. Please Advise. Thanks

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

I can see the interface, and I can assure you it is sweet looking (but the port doesn’t open)
    I’ve had the same experience as you describe on a laptop machine with multiple versions, but was able to launch the program on a “new” machine. New meaning a machine that hasn’t run Arduino or Makelangelo software before (Win 7)
    Thanks for keeping at it. We each take incremental steps to make Open Source a bit better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This may mean that in all the versions we have been trying it has left some registry keys behind and is interfering with 7.2.2 running 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

I doubt it. The registry key values haven’t changed in a looong time.

problems with 7.2.2 come down to opengl drivers in Java. Some very smart people are working on solving that problem now.

The v6 doesn’t have an issue because it doesn’t use OpenGL. Which also means it runs a lot slower and doesn’t follow the margially clever software road map, which is to bring all the robots under one program and reduce my workload.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good news!

I just got a new PC and it’s 64 bit. I’m going to install 32 bit Java on the older machine. That way I hope I can test both versions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I just found one issue when opening the settings panel and there are no existing makelangelos known to the software. This is going to require a rethink of how I do some things…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for working on this problem

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you still working on this problem? Or is this a problem with something on our side.
    Java error

Also How do you start a new topic with new forum?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.