This description is out of date. We are updating these details to reflect the newer product details.
Makelangelo 2 is the most fun mural drawing robot in the world. It is a gentle introduction to all the core concepts of 3D printers.
Makelangelo is largely inspired by the work of Paul Fisher and Hektor by JÃ¼rg Lehni and Uli Franke.
- Fun: People of all ages are often hypnotized by the Makelangelo's steady progress.
- Educational: "How does it work?" is the first question people ask and is a great way to start teaching about coordinate systems, phythagorean theorem, trigonometry, gcode, physic, and more.
- Easy setup: Step-by-step assembly instructions with pictures make it easy for you or your students to put together the kit.
- Easy operation: No programming required! The free software converts PNG,JPG,BMP, and GIF images into gcode for you.
- Beautiful: See a gallery of art done with the Makelangelo
- Support: We're here to help you all the way.
- Open source: All our custom parts are on thingiverse.com. All our software is on github.com
Read the instructions.
Download the software for OSX »
Download the software for Windows »
Got questions? Please visit the forums.
Like programming? Join the Github project to report bugs and contribute your own ideas.
- 1 ELEC-0001 5.5 x 2.1 female power plug
- 1 ELEC-0004 Arduino UNO R3
- 1 ELEC-0007 Power Supply 12v2a, NEMA 1-15 ungrounded
- 2 MECH-0001 5mm ID Bobbin with set screw hole
- 1 KIT-0002 Dual L293 Motor Shield
- 1 MECH-0013 Makelangelo 2 Pen Holder
- 1 MECH-0020 Makelangelo 2 control box
- 1 Spool of white thread
- 2 MOTO-0003 Stepper Motor, NEMA17, 12v0.3a
- 1 MOTO-0002 Servo, 180 degree, plastic gears
- 6 Zip tie, 2*60mm, white
- 4 Eyebolt
- 1 ELEC-0024 1m Servo Extension Cord
- 2 M3x15 Pan Phillips Screw
- 4 M3x5 Pan Phillips Screw
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 22 January, 2013.